Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi pressure drop, (3.1 if'n I remember right), difficult to put door back on after cleaning which is needed regularly. I was pretty much given one to try when I installed new system, had a SG2200 before.
    I have customers who asked for them and love them. So I gave it a try. I was at training last week and watched folks fight to get the door back on, including the instructor. BTW, it was not a Trane/AS class. Just the system being trained with happened to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stamas View Post
    Hi pressure drop, (3.1 if'n I remember right), difficult to put door back on after cleaning which is needed regularly. I was pretty much given one to try when I installed new system, had a SG2200 before.
    I have customers who asked for them and love them. So I gave it a try. I was at training last week and watched folks fight to get the door back on, including the instructor. BTW, it was not a Trane/AS class. Just the system being trained with happened to have one.
    J

Most threads I see will compare the trane clean effects to the aprilaire 5000, i'm not familiar with the model you mentioned and I dontk now ow i t differs. aside from ease of use, will the 5000 be as effective as the clean effects?I really see two sides of an opinion for the clean effects, people lt is hands down the best air purifier or that it is the worst. I'm not seeing too much in between.

I read threads that say the clean effects just doesn't work after the first year even after following all the maintenance, I just find that hard to believe.

Currently my system just uses a 20x24x4 Air Filter and if I understand correctly, this is more about protecting the blower then it is about keeping clean air, so I'm assuming either trane or aprilaire products will be night and day?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12