+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting a Gun

Post Likes

Re: The only way to go

Originally posted by Senior Tech
    That's pretty nice too!

Post Likes
    This is what I have. Glock 23 (40 caliber) Everyone should own at least one Glock. These pistols are so impressive that the FBI recently adopted them for issue.

Nice gun but it's a little big and heavy for concealed carry. Great gun for the car.

S&W 357 airweight 2 inch barrel. This is the lightest revolver that is worth carrying. I fired one of these at the range recently. Scared the crap out of me. Lots of recoil and force. A semi-auto like the glock absorbs the recoil. Rule of thumb - lighter guns with shorter barrels, especially revolvers which have no return spring have the most recoil. 357 is a longer round with more powder (More power) than the 38.

Rohrbaugh R9 - Smallest, lightest 9mm semi-auto in the world. As soon as I have an extra $1,000 to spare I'll be getting one of these.

I'll echo what Robo said. The gun never comes out unless you're gonna use it. They are even prosecuting cops these days, for on the job justified shootings, if there are any oddities about the incident.

You see some guys with bumper stickers and such on thier trucks with sayings like, "Keep honking I'm reloading." We all know that it is ment to be funny, but I'll bet 50% of them have a gun in thier truck. That's a steal me sticker for thieves and it's probably not a good idea in todays lawsuit friendly world to let other people know that you intend on shooting them. If you ever have to shoot them, they'll find out after they are dead or wounded.

[Edited by refrigeration mafia on 03-16-2006 at 02:39 AM]

Post Likes
    I like my 41 S&W Magnum revolver for some heavy duty stopping power....

But also like my 45 for plinking...

Post Likes

Anything

by Kahr.........www.kahr.com
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Post Likes
    If you want to shoot someone and you want them to be absolutely positively dead then use what the US Military did for years before they goofed and went to the 9mm, get a Colt 45 Gov. Lay out any gun on table and have a split second to pick one up and use it and I would pick up this one.

Senior Tech Guest
    refrigeration mafia
    Professional Member

This is what I have. Glock 23 (40 caliber) Everyone should own at least one Glock. These pistols are so impressive that the FBI recently adopted them for issue.

Nice gun but it's a little big and heavy for concealed carry. Great gun for the car.

[b]The FBI...the gods of law enforcement that also brought us the 9mm...and they certainly found out what a huge mistake that was...[b]

Senior Tech Guest
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by James 3528
    If you want to shoot someone and you want them to be absolutely positively dead then use what the US Military did for years before they goofed and went to the 9mm, get a Colt 45 Gov. Lay out any gun on table and have a split second to pick one up and use it and I would pick up this one.

[/QUO

This would also be my choice!

Post Likes
    I've got the Springfield XD. I've shot well over 6,000 rounds through it and it looks, shoots and is worn as if it was brand new. I've never had it jam on me and its extremely easy to operate and take down for cleaning. The gun also has a rail for a light or a laser scope if you have a need for one. They also offer 17 round clips for the 9mm version.

Post Likes
    Isn't there already a gun thread..... somewhere in here??
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    yeah but he post count and view count is screwed so we have to start a new one can we get this renamed Guns that are better than 9mm ?
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    If you're looking to invest in one personal protection handgun. There is only one choice that makes sense.

It ain't a manufacturer.
    It ain't a caliber.
    It ain't an action style.
    It ain't a set of grips.

Whatever gun YOU can be comfortable living with and using.

If it's a S&W model 500, in .50 caliber, or a .22LR Ruger, it doesn't matter. YOU gotta be comfortable with it, because you've gotta live with it.

I own more than, well, let's just say more firearms than most people, and I've got a collection of ammunition that makes a lot of gunstores look out of business. I've fired, I THINK, every single modern caliber handgun and rifle round. I keep buying sh!t I don't need, because I like how it feels.

I went and bought this little Polack Makarov the other day. It's a 9x18mm. (Not the 9mm Luger/parabellum)

It feels good. Haven't shot it yet, but I like the feel.

I'd rather have that in my pocket than a 1911 at home in a gun safe...

.22 short'll kill ya dead as quick as a .50BMG, just less dramatically.

Post Likes

To shoot someone?

I shot at a guy once. But over his head. I was wondering what I was to do next. That was real. Roy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in