+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cordless drill brand

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

cordless drill brand

Which cordless drill brand does everyone prefer? I love my makita lots of power and batteries stay charged forever.

Post Likes
    You can't go wrong with Makita.

I have Some Makita, DeWalt, and Ryobi. DeWalt is a good tool, but the batteries don't last.

I gotta say...for the money, the Ryobi Lithium series is pretty dang impressive. I buy them refurbed at their factory stores dirt cheep, and they do a great job.

Post Likes
    I like the M 12 light and seems to be holding up good

Post Likes
    12v Compact drill: Rigid
    18v Hammer drill: Milwaukee at the moment. Likely to switch to Bosch when it dies.

Post Likes
    I prefer Makita, mostly due to their lightweight. So far my 4pc set has been very reliable. Tried rigid found they were to bulky and batteries died quite quickly. By the way talking bout 18volt set. Dewalt is nice as well but really they all make a good product.

Post Likes
    I started with dewalt, and burned up 3 drills in 3 years. Currently using milwaukee m12 drill and impact, and makita 18 volt kit and love them both

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca View Post
    I started with dewalt, and burned up 3 drills in 3 years. Currently using milwaukee m12 drill and impact, and makita 18 volt kit and love them both
    x2

Post Likes
    Been using milwaukee for the past year seem to be great. Good battery life. I used dewalt before going to milwaukee, the dewalts are more powerful but the batteries don't last near as long and the tools didn't last either.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

I have the Makita 18v lithium impact drill set (the white and black) drill set and love them. The few things that I love about this drill:
    1. is the light weight but yet awesome torque it has. It is lighter and more compact than the milwaukee M12
    2. The light function on the drill is also a sweet option. I have on many occasions used the light on the drill see a flashlight. The light is triggered by lightly pushing on the trigger of the drill and remains on for several seconds after releasing the trigger, you don't know how handy that is....awesome. Again the milwaukee M12 light will only come on while using the drill and will shut off immediately after releasing the trigger.
    There are several guys at work that use the milwaukee M12 and every time they grab onto my Makita they tell me that the next drill they're going to get is going to be the makita.

Post Likes
    Did anyone get a problem with the M12 set where the charger is throwing out a faulty battery pack error? Happened to both batteries and the same thing happened when I went back to the store to swap units.

EPA 608 certified: Universal

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleun494 View Post
    Did anyone get a problem with the M12 set where the charger is throwing out a faulty battery pack error? Happened to both batteries and the same thing happened when I went back to the store to swap units.
    Is it cold? Or hot?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleun494 View Post
    I have the M12 series of tools. The sawzall and driver drill. Went to use the sawzall the other day and battery was dead. Plugged in the charger and put the batterie in and got the faulty battery lights flashing. Never used that batterie before. Brand new. I should take it back to see if I could get a new batterie.

Post Likes
    I had the same problem with my impact. Brad new out of the box, batteries wont charge. Took it back and got a new one and no problems since

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ptemko View Post
    I have the M12 series of tools. The sawzall and driver drill. Went to use the sawzall the other day and battery was dead. Plugged in the charger and put the batterie in and got the faulty battery lights flashing. Never used that batterie before. Brand new. I should take it back to see if I could get a new batterie.
    same thing happened to me, not a m12 but the bigger milkwalkee 18v drills.. took it back, and never had a problem

right now i use the dewalt 18v lilon impact and the 18v lilion hammer drill
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACR2012 View Post
    Which cordless drill brand does everyone prefer? I love my makita lots of power and batteries stay charged forever.
    My Makita is something like 10 years old and I can't kill it.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Post Likes
    I use Milwaukee m12 and m28, I'm kind of sold on them till something better comes along.
    liked DeWalts till few years back the quality went down hill.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by engineerdave View Post
    My Makita is something like 10 years old and I can't kill it.
    you cant even loose it after you thought some had ripped you off.

Post Likes
    ive tried Hitachi and did not really care or them. ive moved onto craftsman and have not had any trouble

Post Likes
    Rigid 12 & 18 v here

Post Likes
    I have limited experience with different brands. I had Dewalt for a while and switched to Porter cable. The general consensus is that the Ni-cad batts last appx 5 years and you get about 2.5 years from the lithium ion. IMO the smaller size and faster charging time is worth it on the lithium ions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in