+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cordless drill brand

Post Likes
    I've used Hitachi for years
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

Post Likes
    I have alot of Dewalt and everyone in our company save one guy has Dewalt. Better power and ergonomics. As far as the claim of batteries not lasting...... I guess someone forgot to tell mine as I have some batteries still going after 12 yrs of use. They are not as strong as when they were new..... but I have only had a few fully fail and they got replaced. As I have multiple drills, recip saw, circular saw, lamps, sheetmetal shears, cut-off tool, spiral saw, multiple chargers..... etc etc I will not be switching anytime soon. I must admit that the last non-Dewalt I used for more then an instant was yrs ago so the only comparison I can give is on the breakdowns and failures I see going through our warehouse. One thing I really like about Dewalt is that everything they make can take either lithium-ion or regular nickel-cadium batteries. They are universal to all 18 volt tools.
    Warning: Just because I am over the head injury doesn't mean I'm normal!

The day I stop learning.... I'm dead!

Post Likes
    Now only Bosch made in Switzerland.

Post Likes
    Red, yellow, green, blue. Blondes, brunettes, redheads. I know some people bleed one or the other but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dilysi_3 View Post
    ive tried Hitachi and did not really care or them. ive moved onto craftsman and have not had any trouble

Which model? My kids bought me a 14.4V Diehard a few years ago and while it is OK for occassional use I have found that the batteries loose the charge after sitting for a few days.
    Also they don't hold it for very long and after drilling a few holes with a hole saw they start to loose their oomph.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes

dewalt, makita, or milwaukee

milwaukee: super heavy duty, great warranty, a little heavier

dewalt: powerful, not as durable, lightweight, warranty not as good

makita: heard alot of good about them but I had a bad experience with their older 14.4 stuff.

just opinions!

Post Likes
    I had two m12 battery's that flashed the fault code if you remove the cover and adjust the metal tabs to make contact they will work again fixed many coworkers battery's like this also

Post Likes
    I wont buy anything but Makita. Nothing but good from them so far. First 12v combo kit lasted 6 years before I got the batteries wet and they took a dump. On my second kit now, 18v, it has two years on it no problems.

Post Likes
    Ryobi got sick of spending money on names only to wait for warranty work. Ryobi is pretty durable batteries are cheap to buy and last, and if something happens I can replace it without having to eat ketchup soup for a week.

Post Likes
    M 12 hammer drill for putting in tapcons. Light weight and good in tight places.

Post Likes
    Bosch pocket driver has been good to me.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ptemko View Post
    I have the M12 series of tools. The sawzall and driver drill. Went to use the sawzall the other day and battery was dead. Plugged in the charger and put the batterie in and got the faulty battery lights flashing. Never used that batterie before. Brand new. I should take it back to see if I could get a new batterie.
    same thing happened to me, not a m12 but the bigger milkwalkee 18v drills.. took it back, and never had a problem

right now i use the dewalt 18v lilon impact and the 18v lilion hammer drill
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

Post Likes
    I love my dewalt 12v set. I've dropped the impacter many times, still gos strong. The 20 v set is ok but aren't the greatest in the cold

Post Likes
    I have the ridgid x4 kit I like it previously I had ryobi and Ithey were tough for cheap tools I just wanted a smaller impact and better saws

Post Likes
    Bought both Milwaukee M12 Impact/Drill Kit and Makita Kit both 12v both have drill and impact.

Put them head to head and Milwaukee out drove the Makita by quite a bit. So took the Makita back and have been using Milwaukee M12 and M18 system for over a year and have been great.
    You're Only As Good As Your Last Service Call or Install.....Make it Count!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by engineerdave View Post
    My Makita is something like 10 years old and I can't kill it.
    you cant even loose it after you thought some had ripped you off.

Post Likes
    I have always had Dewalt 18 volt drills and reciprocating saws and think the tools themselves held up just fine, and did everything I wanted them to. I did get to the point though I was just about done with them because of how crappy the battery life expectancy is (charge lasts just fine, but the batteries go bad way too quickly in my opinion. I had decided that buying corded tools and a small generator would be more cost effective then constantly replacing batteries.

I just went into business for myself and needed some new cordless tools, and have since decided to try the new 12 volt and 20 volt max series. So far I like them a lot (I bought a 12 volt max drill, impact driver, and flashlight, and 20 volt max hammer drill, reciprocating saw, and flashlight). Much smaller and lighter then the older designs, and the battery charge lasts a long time. I like the new flashlight design (LED), and the 12 volt drills come with belt clips for ladder work. Good stuff so far, and found the best prices on Amazon.

Post Likes
    Tried almost ALL of at one time or another....

Same as a lot of opinions as above...

18v Dewalt, good tools, batteries don't last..... (haven't tried the lithium ones)

M18 Milwaukee batteries last great, hold charge good, etc., Tools SUCK 2 hammer drills, 1 recip & 1 Circular saw all crapped out in less than 2 years....

M12 so far so good, use the impact drills constantly, NO probs yet...

18v Makita drill and impact going on 2 years STILL work flawless.. won't ever buy ANYTHING else
    YMMV
    "Democracy--Two wolves and a sheep voting on what the menu is for lunch.
    Liberty--Is a well armed sheep who will probably contest the vote." author unknown--but I like him already

Post Likes
    The Bosch PS40 12V impact driver I just got is pretty sweet. Small, light, plenty of torque, good lighting, fits in a holster that doesn't bother me when going up the ladder. The PS41 would be even nicer as it's more compact and has better batteries, but I couldn't justify the price difference.

Post Likes
    I have 3 makita drills including a right angle. Never had an issue with any of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in