Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleun494 View Post
    Did anyone get a problem with the M12 set where the charger is throwing out a faulty battery pack error? Happened to both batteries and the same thing happened when I went back to the store to swap units.
    Is it cold? Or hot?

Rigid 12 & 18 v here

I have limited experience with different brands. I had Dewalt for a while and switched to Porter cable. The general consensus is that the Ni-cad batts last appx 5 years and you get about 2.5 years from the lithium ion. IMO the smaller size and faster charging time is worth it on the lithium ions.
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleun494 View Post
    Did anyone get a problem with the M12 set where the charger is throwing out a faulty battery pack error? Happened to both batteries and the same thing happened when I went back to the store to swap units.
    I have the M12 series of tools. The sawzall and driver drill. Went to use the sawzall the other day and battery was dead. Plugged in the charger and put the batterie in and got the faulty battery lights flashing. Never used that batterie before. Brand new. I should take it back to see if I could get a new batterie.

I had the same problem with my impact. Brad new out of the box, batteries wont charge. Took it back and got a new one and no problems since

I have the 18v lithium ion Makita it's great! It is my fifth Makita.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

I found out my issue and it turns out that you kinda have to give the battery a good push then all is well, I thought the battery just slips in like all the other chargers I used.

EPA 608 certified: Universal

I've used Hitachi for years
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

I have alot of Dewalt and everyone in our company save one guy has Dewalt. Better power and ergonomics. As far as the claim of batteries not lasting...... I guess someone forgot to tell mine as I have some batteries still going after 12 yrs of use. They are not as strong as when they were new..... but I have only had a few fully fail and they got replaced. As I have multiple drills, recip saw, circular saw, lamps, sheetmetal shears, cut-off tool, spiral saw, multiple chargers..... etc etc I will not be switching anytime soon. I must admit that the last non-Dewalt I used for more then an instant was yrs ago so the only comparison I can give is on the breakdowns and failures I see going through our warehouse. One thing I really like about Dewalt is that everything they make can take either lithium-ion or regular nickel-cadium batteries. They are universal to all 18 volt tools.
    Warning: Just because I am over the head injury doesn't mean I'm normal!

The day I stop learning.... I'm dead!

Now only Bosch made in Switzerland.

Red, yellow, green, blue. Blondes, brunettes, redheads. I know some people bleed one or the other but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dilysi_3 View Post
    ive tried Hitachi and did not really care or them. ive moved onto craftsman and have not had any trouble

Which model? My kids bought me a 14.4V Diehard a few years ago and while it is OK for occassional use I have found that the batteries loose the charge after sitting for a few days.
    Also they don't hold it for very long and after drilling a few holes with a hole saw they start to loose their oomph.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

dewalt, makita, or milwaukee

milwaukee: super heavy duty, great warranty, a little heavier

dewalt: powerful, not as durable, lightweight, warranty not as good

makita: heard alot of good about them but I had a bad experience with their older 14.4 stuff.

just opinions!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast