Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings all!

As my user name says,I'm a neewbie,having completed only one HVAC course at the local community college and presently taking Advanced Electricity at the same college.My AAS is in EET,and I currently work in the Hi Tech industry here in Austin.Bought many AC tools already,but have much to learn.GREAT FORUM!I will be telling my class about this site when class resumes after Spring Break.BTW,if any of you'all have a small arms question,I might be able to direct you to the appropriate forum or pass on what I know-ACNOOB

If you have small arms, how do you comb your hair?
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Welcome to the site, i`m bigbird in san jose.ca.
    I been around a few years.

MAybe he`s bald & don`t have to comb his hair, OR maybe he`s
    like dice & never combs his hair.

"Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

maybe he's got no neck and his short arms reach - more importantly how does he unzip his fly

BTW - welcome to the site

Maybe he don~t have a fly & lets it all hangout.Now dice is going to get all excited.

Hey Guys!

Last I checked there was a fly.Unfortunately,the hair's too short to warrant combing!
    Bought Doolan's Troubleshooting Guide and reading what I can out of that.Also bugging the maintenance guys at my complex.Johnstone SHOULD be having a sale next month on manifold sets.Don't know about the combo 22/410 set.Was going to buy an R22 set W/O the 3/8's evac line and buy the extra 60 " hoses.Plan on buying a 410 set later on.Is Yellow Jacket better than Imperial?Do I need just the R22 and R410 manifold sets?My teacher said that the company typically provides the vacuum pump,recovery unit and peanut rig.I have worked at a radiator shop,done electrical construction and was an Interior Comm. Electrician in the USN,so I do have some technical experience.Realize that I have alot to learn in the AC trade and that what they teach in school is not necessarily what's done on the job!Thanx for any constructive feedback-acnoob.

Senior Tech Guest
    Welcome Noob...you just met a small portion of the official welcoming committee...sit down, strap up and hang on...the rest of the fellas will be here soon to give ya a proper greeting...and also take a look at the infamous 9mm thread...

Re: Hey Guys!

Originally posted by acnoob
    My teacher said that the company typically provides the vacuum pump,recovery unit and peanut rig.
    Peanut Rig:

"To rig the peanut tie a treble hook to a three foot piece of line, then thread three or four beads
    ( plastic, glass what every you prefer) onto the line. The beads should rest at the eye of the hook.
    Then slide the peanut down the line to rest at the beads. ( the end of the peanut that is cut at a 45 is
    to be facing your rod tip) On the other end of the line tie a snap swivel. I hook the swivel to the split
    ring that holds the hook on the attractor. I find that some days the attractor spoon must be a big
    flashy spoon and on other days a small dull spoon is best. That is all there is to rigging the peanut."

So, who is your intructor?

I might know him.

Ask him if he knows a fat bald HVAC instructor at Tyler Junior College.

Oh, I almost forgot--- welcome!

Hey Bwal2!

My instructor's initials are L.S.He learned the AC trade after retiring from the Air Force.I will ask him your question-acnoob

Welcome acnoob. I'm a semi-newbie on the forum myself, old timer in the biz though.

You can learn a lot 'round here, enjoy the ride.

Re: Hey Bwal2!

Originally posted by acnoob
    My instructor's initials are L.S.He learned the AC trade after retiring from the Air Force.I will ask him your question-acnoob
    Doesn't ring a bell.
    I might know him if I see him.
    I wouldn't know him if he's adjunct faculty (part time).

I make most of the WECM meetings, plus TCCTA.

My bio is in my profile.

We have almost the same program as yours.

Don't expect to learn everything sitting on your backside in a classroom.
    Learning this trade requires effort on your part.
    Take your tools to class, including your brain.

Use them, especially the last one.

Don't be afraid to post on this forum.
    Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast