Blank off plates

Looking for two blank off plates (unloaders) for Carlyle compressor. Called local carrier dealer and they had no clue as to how to get a hold of any. I am rebuilding a refer trailer to suit a deer processor. Unloaders are shot and leaking bad. Since this will no longer accommodate mixed goods, and need to maintain 36-38 degrees, i will be eliminating the unloaders.
    I want to slap myself silly for pitching plates in the past (reason service guys are hoarders).
    If you can point me in the right direction, or have a few that you're willing to part with I would be greatly appreciative.
    Thanks
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Why not just rebuild the unloaders, then disable them electrically?

I've never found a source for those plates except for hoarding them.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Why not just rebuild the unloaders, then disable them electrically?

I've never found a source for those plates except for hoarding them.
    Leaking from outside stem on body (solenoid stem), not internally from bypass piston. It's as if vibration over time (original from late 70's or so) rocked its top. Not aware of that being rebuildable, or is it? Your help is appreciated!

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Awesome site, but will that still allow my leak to exist.

These are the plates I be looking for.
    Think I'll order four
    Thank you gentleman!

A Einstein

Put mechanical unloaders on the compressors and set to unload wherever you want, or you need to see your local rebuilder.
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

I bet you can get those from most any compressor remanuf.
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Quote Originally Posted by chrishvacman View Post
    Put mechanical unloaders on the compressors and set to unload wherever you want, or you need to see your local rebuilder.
    Most refer trailers are designed to cater to various loads (i.e. flowers one day, ice cream the next). Thus, designed with unloaders! The unloaders haven't been used in the fifteen years since he has acquired this unit.
    Being that he is a deer processor, and his season is over. I have all summer to get his units in tiptop shape.
    That being said, auto (mechanical) unloaders would not be suited for this application. I no longer need compressor capacity control. So, while rebuilding the heads, I will be installing the plates.

Now I would love to get my hands on some old Carrier Transicold manuals! Would like to get rid of the climate control board, and go with mechanical controls! Not sure if this would be cost efficient, or even plausible. But would like to get a more broader understanding of the control side of this beast!
    Anyone?

A Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    Most refer trailers are designed to cater to various loads (i.e. flowers one day, ice cream the next). Thus, designed with unloaders! The unloaders haven't been used in the fifteen years since he has acquired this unit.
    Being that he is a deer processor, and his season is over. I have all summer to get his units in tiptop shape.
    That being said, auto (mechanical) unloaders would not be suited for this application. I no longer need compressor capacity control. So, while rebuilding the heads, I will be installing the plates.

Now I would love to get my hands on some old Carrier Transicold manuals! Would like to get rid of the climate control board, and go with mechanical controls! Not sure if this would be cost efficient, or even plausible. But would like to get a more broader understanding of the control side of this beast!
    Anyone?
    So what just leave the unloaders set at their lowest they will never unload or like a safety unload them if said suction drops below whatever you want. Or like I said see your local rebuilder he will have plenty of plates, fyi them Carlyle compressors are shipped with Plates so someone has got to be able to get you some from carrier. Are they HGB or suction cutoff.
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

They are cut-off.
    Reason so hard to find is core requires all plates installed before shipping. I haven't located any reman's around here. Coming from a big city, I'm still getting use to supply houses spread out 50 miles every which way.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

A Einstein