where to get contractor continuing education for Florida

I was just wondering what other contractors do to get their Continuing Education requirement for the state of florida. I take the class' the local supply houses' offer but they never go toward the continuing education. Any help would be great!

I typically do online classes through redvector.com It can be done in a weekend or in small blocks anytime you want. Material is relevant and well presented.
    It can cost you a little cash but it is convenient and it works well.
    You can't learn a thing with your mouth open.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinfan2334 View Post
    I was just wondering what other contractors do to get their Continuing Education requirement for the state of florida. I take the class' the local supply houses' offer but they never go toward the continuing education. Any help would be great!
    Depends on whether you are a Certified or Registered contractor. Either way, if you are a contractor, you should be receiving postcards in the mail several months before the close of the state contractor re-registrtion deadline to take the classes.

Most are either 1 or 2 day events. I take the full 14 hrs in one day. It is a killer, but it fulfills the requirement, and you have 2 more years to gather the strength to do it again.

Registered contractors take the CE's in the 'odd' years, and certified contractors in the 'even' years.

If you are new to the contracting world in FL, don't worry, you will know when it is time, as they flood your mailbox with the 'opportunity' to take 'their' class.