Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So it sounds like I have two ways to get this done. Aeroseal, if I can find someone to drive in for a price I can afford. Or brush on mastic, which means I have to pay someone to strip off the insulation along the ductwork, paint 'em shut, and then reapply the insulation. Eesh - this is going to cost me. Are there any other options I need to know about? Worth it in the end, I suppose. Thanks for all the valuable responses.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    It really is worth it.

Every cubic foot of air that leaks from the supply ,into the crawl,causes one to infiltrate your home.

Every cubic foot of return air leak ,in the crawl,pulls in one .

Before you invest the time & money in sealing that existing duct system you might want to contact a contractor who can determine if those ducts are operating properly in the first place.

Sealing a pre-existing duct system that is undersized & inadequate will give you more trouble than you might suspect.

The airflow delivery & static pressure of the duct system should be verified before any sealing is done.

Check out http://www.nationalcomfortinstitute.com for more information that might be of help.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by davidr
    Before you invest the time & money in sealing that existing duct system you might want to contact a contractor who can determine if those ducts are operating properly in the first place.

Sealing a pre-existing duct system that is undersized & inadequate will give you more trouble than you might suspect.

The airflow delivery & static pressure of the duct system should be verified before any sealing is done.

Check out http://www.nationalcomfortinstitute.com for more information that might be of help.

Very good point.We always check ESP first,as well as room by room cfms.

check & use the basics=
    are your rooms balanced now? -- within 3F just after the blower shuts down -- winter & summer?
    are all comfortable?

if not= load calc + duct sizing for ea room
    duct rework = return & supply
    duct sealing & insulating

good time to upgrade your filters to 5" thick media type
    harvest rainwater,make SHADE,R75/50/30= roof/wall/floor, use HVAC mastic,caulk all wall seams!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12