Confused Heatilator ND 4236 - 2 Questions

Hello,

1) I am investigating the possibility of installing an aftermarket blower in my Heatilator ND 4236 gas fire place. I found this one:

http://www.fireplaceblowersonline.co...6-details.aspx

Anyone have any other recommendations (good, bad, stay away or otherwise?)

2) While I was down at the bottom of my fireplace, I noticed a REALLY cold draft. I could actually see the dust wavering in the breeze. Turns out the hole where the gas comes in has a pretty good breeze to it. Along with that, there is a rectangle shaped hole (with some screw holes around it) that is open, with no apparent use. I looked in the installation manual, and the drawings don't seem to indicate the existence of this hole or a cover plate.

Can I close these off with some metallic tape? Or is there some other substance I should be using to close these off, or should I keep them open?

Thanks!

yes you may tape the holes with metallic tape, the rectangle hole you see is where the gas should have come through, and it very typical for there to be a bit of a draft even with these holes taped see "Cold air convection issue" thread. also that fan kit should work fine providing you have good power to the unit.

Thank you VERY much for your reply.