Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing that OWL flex has been used more than just the deep south. It is very common here in our area. We are slowly but surely eliminating them, one cruddy, leaky, energy hogging duct system at a time.

I seen those new technology triangles used in a 300K+ home that was built within the last 5 years or so. Apparently the hack moved north.

Quote Originally Posted by papa_jo View Post
    I do resi only here. I do round pipe trunk line with dampers on all take offs and round pipe to about 3 feet to boot than do flex there..
    I've seen 1 job such as you describe I did like the looks of it. Seems like they would perform well too.

But hell: unless the customer demands metal trunk and hard pipe there getting a nice, tight, strapped, and sealed flex duct job.

See those triangle boxes and owl flex here in northern cal a lot also hate both of them mostly see those. Boxes on 10 year old homes and newer.

Nice one John!!!
    http://acfwb.com/

"The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today"

That is called the spider design, its right out of ACCA manual D, not saying its ideal, but its not something a hack pulled out of his rear either.

Quote Originally Posted by acsolutionsllc View Post
    I've seen 1 job such as you describe I did like the looks of it. Seems like they would perform well too.

But hell: unless the customer demands metal trunk and hard pipe there getting a nice, tight, strapped, and sealed flex duct job.
    I know what you mean...... I don't do many duct jobs-- I can count on my hand how many I do a year-- But the ones I do- they are very happy-- and word of mouth does get around--..........when freinds come by- or company-- you know what I mean... If they don't want metal duct- I just do the change out to the duct system that is there and they can go from there,,,,, I do turn work DOWN !!!!!!!
    It is what it is unless I say differently !!!!

This would be why flex duct has such a bad reputation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12