Thread: Ice Cream

Ice Cream

One thing I remember from growing up is the delicious ice cream my Grandfather made. I would help him crush the ice and put ice and salt in while it was freezing in one of these:

So my wife and I got one of these ordered. http://www.whitemountainproducts.com/shoppe.aspx The 6 quart model. Should come next week some time.

Anyone else make ice cream? Have any good recipes to share? Or stories?

I use to do it a lot when I was young altho I did stumble across my old icecream maker about 8 years back so I drug it out and made a few loads of cinnamon ice cream. That was my favorite to make so I could have it with a slice of hot apple pie

You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

I'm into antique engines as a hobby..and enjoy icecream at engine and tractor shows.. They have become quite pricy to buy new...I pick them up at garage sales or auctions pretty cheap.. check-out the prices... http://www.country-freezer.com/icecream2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by BRnGT View Post
    I'm into antique engines as a hobby..and enjoy icecream at engine and tractor shows.. They have become quite pricy to buy new...I pick them up at garage sales or auctions pretty cheap.. check-out the prices... http://www.country-freezer.com/icecream2.htm
    There is a local guy that sells it out of one of those, cool.

2010 Christmas wife got me an ice cream maker. I requires no ice or salt. It has a drum that you stick in the freezer for like 24 hours before you make it. Works great. Some of my favorite is peanut butter and when my raspberries are in season. Missed my boysenberries this year as i was traveling allot.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    There is a local guy that sells it out of one of those, cool.
    Yea.. It's fun but we don't sell it.. Then you get the Health Dept. in on the deal....And you have to find recipe's that don't use egg's..

Years ago a magazine had a recipe for the ultimate vanilla. I made it, it was great, but it cost $18 for 1 1/2 pints. I did have some Gran Mariner left over.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    2010 Christmas wife got me an ice cream maker. I requires no ice or salt. It has a drum that you stick in the freezer for like 24 hours before you make it. Works great. Some of my favorite is peanut butter and when my raspberries are in season. Missed my boysenberries this year as i was traveling allot.
    Sounds like what we have. Got it from Williams-Sonoma. We like it so much we got three of them! Two are smaller than the first one. We have a deep freezer out back in my shop, so they're kept pretty cold in there. When we have a hankerin' for ice cream we get one (or all if we have company) and within 30 minutes, maybe 15, we have ice cream with no mess. Almost everyone who has seen it has wanted one. Some have gotten one. Gib's Son, do you keep yours in the house refrigerator freezer or a deep freezer? If refrigerator freezer, how long does it take?

Kind of hard to find around here but I really like frozen custard. A vendor comes around a few times a year when the town has a celebration.
    Tracers work both ways.

ice cream is consider better for healthy if it is made by pure milk and with good ingredients.
    children mostly like the ice cream. it have many flavor but the vanilla and chocolate favor is most popular among them.