TRANE RTAC EXV WIRING !!!

OK, for a closer to the year, I am doing a project, it is with a TRANE EXV off a RTAC500. I would like to know the voltage that is aplied to the motor, and what the break down is for the wire, ie, blk + red -, yellow ect. ect...
    You will see in the pic that I have opened the devise and plan on creating an opertunity to drive the plunger from an external power supply when doen, this will mount into the Factory fitting, we have a spare, I plan on demistration the action to newby's !!! The valve has yet to be cut to show more detail of the motor and drive device.

Ya shoudl have seen the filler stuff they use, kind of a silicon stuff.

Thanks for help, I figure this will take the upper classmen to get the info I am looking for........... I knwo the valve is feed 24 vac. but then what off the circuit board inside the guts of the valve ?? I have a photo of that too if ya like !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

You aren't going to drive the valve externally like you say because the valve incorporates a LLID. On the 4 wires, 2 of them are 24VDC and the other 2 are communication wires that talk to the ch530. If you want to make a demo, get an old DynaView, load up the RTHD MP software, bind the EXV, connect laptop running TechView, go to manual control, and drive the valve.

Inside the EXV between the input wiring and the stepper motor is the LLID. Even if you cut out the LLID and connected directly to the stepper motor, you would need to know how to pulse the motor in the proper sequence with something like 50,000 steps. I don't see that happening.

OK, here is the other pic, now you can see the level I am workign at. I am inside the valve itself, I will be operating the valve motor directly, so of the 4 wires inside AFTER the circuit board I am in need of voltage rating. I'm thinking red + and blakc - for the motor directly and the other two wires, Grey and Yellow, would be a position feed back. As I said, I am looking to operat the exv motor ditrecly, I am not good enought o disect the board inside the valve to say the 24 vdc goes on through to the motor. I am movign on the idea of the small board using electronics to contol a feed to the motor and would be able to switch leads through its ciruitry to control direction of the motor, hence ccw to open (raise) and cw to close ( lower) the plunger ???

I have not been able to diesect the lower part of the brass body to show the motor, inside, that's coming... My goal is to have the device reassembled and use a set of switch's to drive the motor and show the plunger raise and lower while all is mounted together, kind of like the electric motor that has a quarter section cut out so you can see the windings, bearings, and stator all while being able to turn it in place........

So if any one has access to the factory were they build the EXV I would think they could help me in the electrical, I'll bypass the cuircit board completly although it will be mounted in the valve itself.

Yes I'll have pics when done......

Would LOVE to see a cut sheet that show how the thing was assembled, am havign a hard time getting down to the drive motor inside, I know it didn't go through that little hole the wires are coming out of !!!!

Thanks........
    Attached Images Attached Images

You must have a microcontroller to drive a stepper motor. Instead of me trying to explain it, I am going to post this link to Wikipedia.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepper_motor

Well so much for that boat going down the river.

At least now a bunch of people know what this simple EXV is about !!!

Thanks for the deep info....... Just goes to prove that learning thing, never get enough of it !!! I'm still gona play around with it and see what my alternitives may be !!

You can still connect the EXV to an old DynaView to use it as a demo.

Lok at the second pic, I'm not sure I'm gona get the wiring back right into the circuit board, the unit was removed for not working any ways, nive thought though !!

Off to work on the traa125 now, looks like bad sensors as I have a low superheat code...... able to find olld treads with google and read soem on it, my search here gets me nothing, I'm not a computor geek for sure.....

Happy New Year...............