Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Keep in mind that the Trane H/P has gone out. My question is putting a 13 seer goodman H/P to a 12 seer goodman A/H.
    Thanks,
    Clay

you should be fine as long as you use the piston that comes with the condenser. you will still lose the 13 seer efficiency but will work ok.

From what I've been told you can't do that since you would not be meeting the minimum 13 SEER requirement. This whole minimum SEER upgrade is going to open up a truck load of problems.

By the crusher, if I remember right the new 13 SEER equipment requires TXV kits, not pistons, or fixed metering devices.
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

the federal requirement is no cooling units may be manufactured after jan 26 2006. but anything out standing can be installed. including 10 seer
    and you are correct about txv. except for goodman, we have installed a few recently for local builder and they still use pistons. that is why i hate goodman they are CHEEAP.

Yeah you're right crusher.

Well, since no one knows what they are talking about so far, how about a model number of the indoor unit?

Why is using a fixed metering device cheap? More copper and aluminum is required for the indoor coil when using a fixed metering device. One of the main reasons for using TXVs is to be able to save on coil capacity.

Anyway; post the indoor air handler model so we can check to see if it is compatible.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Well, since no one knows what they are talking about so far, how about a model number of the indoor unit?

Why is using a fixed metering device cheap? More copper and aluminum is required for the indoor coil when using a fixed metering device. One of the main reasons for using TXVs is to be able to save on coil capacity.

Anyway; post the indoor air handler model so we can check to see if it is compatible.
    May want to go back and read up on TXV's robo. That's not their purpose. And you said we didn't know what we're talking about. HA HA HA

Originally posted by duct dr

May want to go back and read up on TXV's robo. That's not their purpose. And you said we didn't know what we're talking about. HA HA HA
    You want to dispute what I stated with something more then a contradiction?

While TXVs control superheat which allows systems to operate more evenly under various loads and outdoor temperatures, they also make it so the manufacturers can save money by using smaller coils. Always follow the money when figuring out why manufacturers do anything.

you tell him DR. i've always said " the man who calls another man dumb is generally dumb himself"

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Originally posted by duct dr

You want to dispute what I stated with something more then a contradiction?

While TXVs control superheat which allows systems to operate more evenly under various loads and outdoor temperatures, they also make it so the manufacturers can save money by using smaller coils. Always follow the money when figuring out why manufacturers do anything.
    [/QUOTE

they don't do it to save money jacka** they do it because many housholds have low basements and would have a problem with the large coils

Originally posted by mistercrusher
    you tell him DR. i've always said " the man who calls another man dumb is generally dumb himself"
    I didn't think anyone was dumb...until now. I still have not seen anything correctly posted by dr. duct.

Then explain to me why my 3 ton coil is the same size with or without a TXV.

By the way, your website doesn't work either.

Now since I don't what I'm talking about, let me just say this. TXV's do not CONTROL superheat, they maintain a constant superheat allowing systems to operate more efficiently, not evenly.

[Edited by duct dr on 03-14-2006 at 09:48 PM]

My website works fine, its the link from this forum that doesn't work.

And you just reiterated the same thing I said about a TXV while claiming that I am wrong.

There is nothing wrong with either way of metering. My annoyance with your posts is that you are making false claims about certain metering techniques based on no factual data. If you don't care for a particular brand, that is your business. But if you make up stuff to make yourself sound like you know why you don't like a particular brand, be prepared to be corrected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast