Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on the Best, middle, and low end

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Question

I'm looking to purchase a brand new Heat pump, Blowers, coils...the whole package. What is the best unit, the middle and the low end unit. I'm looking to purchase a 3.5 ton unit. Can you please help me, I'm looking for the MIDDLE...not the high end and not the low end. Which one of these (Amana, Rheem, Trane or York)
    Thanks
    Bobbart Eastern PA.
    PS...I will need to decide by the end of this week.

Post Likes
    The premium line of any of those brands would be just fine. Best warranties, best construction, quietest... All have a lower end unit which aren't as fancy. Personally I'd spend the extra for the higher model.

Post Likes
    Start thinking about which installer is going to do the work correctly, a poor install can make any system fail. A good one will make a Middle of the road unit operate like a middle of the road unit.

Post Likes
    All of them are good unless you get the buidler's model equipment. Any of them will fail prematurely if not installed correctly. None of them will live up to their efficiency rating if certain requirements aren't met which seem to be often overlooked. Best to get an installer that knows the trade well.

Post Likes
    You ever see "small" eggs any more? No! They are medium, large and extra large or jumbo.

Same philosophy with HVAC. You can get "good", "better" and "best" and you can get any of the three all the same brand with any brand.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes

I asked a simple question.????????????

I asked a simple question..but no one came back with a good reply but mumber jumber. ALL I wanted to know is "what is the best and middle end system" ..that's all. I am not asking about installers, I'm asking about brand names >>>>>(Amana, Rheem, Trane or York) real simple to answer.
    Thank You
    Bobbart

Post Likes

Re: I asked a simple question.????????????

Originally posted by bobbart
    I asked a simple question..but no one came back with a good reply but mumber jumber. ALL I wanted to know is "what is the best and middle end system" ..that's all. I am not asking about installers, I'm asking about brand names >>>>>(Amana, Rheem, Trane or York) real simple to answer.
    Thank You
    Bobbart
    I don't think you realize your question has been answered.

Post Likes
    bobbart,

You did get your answer. It is not so much the equipment, as in the installer installing your new heat pump.
    Each brand name that you mentioned has there builders models to high end models, meaning least expensive to expensive, unit costswise, but, the installer is what makes the difference, and should be what you are worried about.

Post Likes

Re: I asked a simple question.????????????

Thank You
    Bobbart
    Why are you stuck on brand name, bud? The mfg. isn't the important part of the equation, the installer is. Until you understand that you aren't ready to buy.

And, yes, your question is about installers whether you realize it or not. So much for trying to help. Everyone answered correctly & you snap at them?
    WHY?

Post Likes
    were just giving you some mumber jumber?isnt it mumbo jumbo?like the previous posts state its not so much about the brand each of these offer several different models.

Post Likes

Why can't you answer the question

Why can't you answer the question???
    "what is the best and middle end system" ..that's all. I am not asking about installers, I'm asking about brand names >>>>>(Amana, Rheem, Trane or York)

Post Likes
    I bet bobbart signed off cursin' us all never to return. What a dimwit!
    WHY?

Post Likes

Re: Why can't you answer the question

"what is the best and middle end system" ..that's all. I am not asking about installers, I'm asking about brand names >>>>>(Amana, Rheem, Trane or York)
    I was wrong!

We did answer it, bobbart! Okay, how 'bout this: They're like those stock cars in NASCAR; they're all built to the same quality & standards (except Goodman ). How they perform depends on the drivers & crews. Or - in this case - the installers.

Take this advice or leave it, bud. It's not gonna get any better.
    WHY?

Post Likes

Re: Why can't you answer the question

Use the brand that the installing company is most comfortable with...

All of those brands are equal in my opinion...

Post Likes

Just answer the question!!!

Which one? Which brand do you want? Tell us which brand you want, then we'll give you the middle end system.
    Don't confuse us. It's a simple question, which one?

Post Likes

I really think you guys don't know your profession

I really think you guys don't know your profession, CAN'T ANWSER A SIMPLE QUESTION

Post Likes

ok ..what about Trane?

ok ..what about Trane? I'm having a sale person come this Friday from Trane.
    Bobbart

Post Likes
    If you buy the best Trane system and its installed poorly the cheapest York system will out perform and out last it if installed correctly. You can substitute any brand name you want in the above and it will still apply. GET IT?

Post Likes

Well, DUH!!

ok ..what about Trane? I'm having a sale person come this Friday from Trane.
    Bobbart
    The Trane guy'll say Trane's the best, the York guy'll say York's the best, & so on & so forth.

Bobbart, I would listen to what each salesperson says, see which one adequately addresses your concerns & needs, & see if any of them do a load calc. The one sales dude that answers all your questions AND does a load calc is most likely the guy to go with regardless of what brand he sales, since brand is irrelevant anyway.
    WHY?

Post Likes

OK Thanks

Ok...Thanks for you input,
    Bobbart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in