Thread: ON - OFF - ON ?

Post Likes

ON - OFF - ON ?

I have a trane heater that sometimes starts with just the blower, cold air, for 30 seconds or so, then off. next I hear the ignition and induction fan, then after 10 or so seconds normal operation with warm air. I just notice it maybe 1 out of 10 starts.

What's with that false start?

Looking at the last paperwork I have, the models numbers recorded are:
    TUD120R960K5, 2TIB3060A1000AA, (not very clear handwriting so some of this may be off )

Thanks in advance for your help, much appreciated

Post Likes
    your furnace is telling you that it is in need of servicing, call your service company or installer, they will be able to fix you up
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

Post Likes
    Call your local dealer and have your furnace put on a regular pre-paid maintenance program. For now, just make sure air filter is clean. Sorry but this is NOT a DIY site.

Post Likes
    Thanks, it is on a maintenance plan. It never does this when they check it, very intermittent. I have no intention of fixing it myself, just thought I could pass on to the technician some possibilities to check. Also to know if this was a common issue causing no damage, or something serious that could lead to a major problem.

I will call for service again, thanks

Post Likes
    Your furnace may have a "pre-purge" cycle. If this is an un-common thing then call them again. If has been a continueing occurance since installed then I'd not worry about it. Is this a "zoned" system? Lots of zone control systems do a short purge cycle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in