Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carrier Techs

the charging of time had changed also with thse national contracts.the industrial guys can bang the big tonnage contracts on those watch calls,engineers don't care...just fix the unit.the other end try to do it to a retail contract they can't get that 6 -8 hours 4 hrs if your lucky on a 2hr call.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

we had 1hr per day mon thru fri and 2 hr for sat and sun. which what is a rip off for me is I was on call every week. I am the only tech for wichita area, I cover more than half of Kansas. Any of Carrier's national account I will not respond to on a call out. I will respond on my good customers that will go with me if I leave. Carrier says they are not making money but the salary group didnt take a hit on anything. most of the techs in the Kansas City office is lucky to get 32 hours a week. the office is top heavy. they did no cut backs there. the regional manager over our area stated over a year ago that she dont like to hire sales people cause they are overhead. if they are selling they are not overhead. she also has the attitude that carrier will grow on its own name. around here people dont care what name is on the equipment.

that woman is a idiot sales people are never overhead they are the ones that get the contracts and other items that you would noraml never get in the first place

that is true if there doing ther job

Carrier here is on there way out, Trane has hired 3 of there top service guys in the last couple of years.Honeywell has the same philosophy on sales guys here, they don't think they need them because there guys will sell.That is fine on national accounts but how can you get new work.Our on call pay is 8 hours for the week and that is per the UA agreement.

carrier techs van

Talking

have you got one with McQuay logo?

you ask and you shall recive

york

and last but least

trane

and my favorite

When "ONCALL" we get paid 9 hours for the week (travel time). On the other side of the coin we have "STANDBY" which we don't get paid for, other than when we go out on the calls. Its rare when I have to go out except for some of the national accounts.

Sorry to hear that other branches are slow. Plenty of work in the north east though. Been doing lots of 30RB, 30RAN, 19XRV, and roof top start ups lately.

Anyone see the new "Thunderbolt?" screw chillers yet? Interesting design, compressors slide out for replacements.

...Ron

Roof Rat

Getting paid 1hr Mon-Fri and 2hrs Sat-Sun for on call, same as for back up + time on actual calls ( sat - sun 8 hrs x 1 1/2 regardles time on the job).Didn't hear anything about canceling of "on-call". We never had on call duty until couple years ago when we start picking up a lot of retail accounts.

Stand-By Pay

To All CCS employees, In the National Agreement it spells out that if there is no local agreement regarding stand-by pay then the one spelled out that the national agreement will be observed. I get 1 hour straight time M-F and 1 hour overtime on S-S. If they tried to take that away... fine i would just put my phone into sleep mode during non-working hours. That would get there attention the first time a hospital went down and we all were fishing!

It is really simple and i dont know why some of the ccs offices are having trouble. If you read the contract that carrier and the ua BOTH signed it states that where there is no DEFINED on call agreement, at the local level, then the national contract shall be enforced. It states that 1 hour of straight time M-F shall be paid regardless of wether or not a call is taken., and 1 1/2 overtime on S-S. I would hope that other CCS office would enforce this ao ALL dont sufer. Where I work WE definately get this COMPENSATION for our time.

i need to get my local union to get a copy of the national contract and read it and then go to my branch. the problem is we go through branch managers and upper managers who dont know what they can or cant do. the union needs to be more involved and so do the tech's as far as what is in the contract.

Originally posted by freonrick
    i need to get my local union to get a copy of the national contract and read it and then go to my branch. the problem is we go through branch managers and upper managers who dont know what they can or cant do. the union needs to be more involved and so do the tech's as far as what is in the contract.
    Instead of asking your branch to get the information you should call the hall yourself and have them send the national contract to you. They are there to help you. Remember that the branch and the union are two different agencies.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast