Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

CVHE530 purge pump problem

I'm servicing an old Trane CVHE530, changed the oil and oil filter, but the purge pump won't work (changed the dryer filter) and the unit goes to surge at 70%, how can I force the pump to start purging the unit and how long may I have it working?
    The diagnostic say:
    01 Purge liq lvl to high, pump inop
    02 High Condenser press, unit interrupted, verify cond water temp (69F in, 73F out)
    I really need some help with this

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftre View Post
    ...The diagnostic say:
    01 Purge liq lvl to high, pump inop...
    did you open the purge isolation valves after you changed the purge filter?
    my 1st time jumping out of a plane...http://youtu.be/Kv38G0MHsGo

Actually It doesn't have the isolation valves, I had to change the filter cores just with the solenoids closed

is human interface panel display or the blue

Human interface and the purge pump is without the dynaview

That purge has a float switch in it, that is why you are getting the high liquid level diagnostic. Look into the sight glass to see if it is full of refrigerant. I"ve never seen a purge install without isolation valves. Your float could be bad or for some reason your not returning refrigerant back in the 1/4" line.

belive me this one is, I'm planning on install it once I fix this problem, the sight glass on the bottom of the tank has a small amount of refrigerant like 1/8 from the bottom, the float valve is the one that opens the solenoid valve to the carbon tank??
    Because if I press the purge button the pump runs but the compressor won't work

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftre View Post
    Actually It doesn't have the isolation valves, I had to change the filter cores just with the solenoids closed
    Is this a retrofit purge? Even if it is, I find it hard to believe that it does not have isolation valves. It needs isolation valves. Then you can remove the level float switch and inspect it to see if it is corroded and stuck. And you will, in the future, be able to change out the cores without the chiller sucking itself full of air. Also the model and serial number of the purge would help identify what style, or generation, of purge this is. While reading this, I visualized 2 or 3 possibilities as different clues were given.

The float switch's function is to disable the pumpout pump so that it does not pump liquid refrigerant out of the chiller if the purge tank fills up with liquid. And to generate a diagnostic to alert the operator of that.

put in position on the unity of the human interface purge to work refrigeration compressor unit purges the temperature should have the suction of the compressor is 22 F to open the air release valve

Nuclrchiller, Is not a retrofired pump, but is a retrofitted chiller, so my guess is that they install the pump directly on the lines by mistake, the alarm indicates that the tank is full but the visor is at 1/8 so maybe you're right and a stuck float lever is the problem, install the isolation valves at this point will be a big problem as the unit must run 100% by Jan 3 and there's no stock parts from Trane local distributor.
    Can I bypass the lvl and energize the compressor directly and open the vent every 30 min or soo for 2 or 3 min at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    Is this a retrofit purge? Even if it is, I find it hard to believe that it does not have isolation valves. It needs isolation valves. Then you can remove the level float switch and inspect it to see if it is corroded and stuck. And you will, in the future, be able to change out the cores without the chiller sucking itself full of air. Also the model and serial number of the purge would help identify what style, or generation, of purge this is. While reading this, I visualized 2 or 3 possibilities as different clues were given.
    chiller's already fulla air.
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

The isolation valves don't have to come from Trane. Any refrigeration duty valve will work. I prefer ball valves myself. They should be available from most supply houses. But are you absolutely certain there is no way to isolate? You have little info in your profile, so I don't have any idea how experienced you are, or how familiar you are with this machine. The isolation valves for the purge are not located on the purge itself, they are on the far end of the piping where it connects to the condenser. Sometimes they will have a cap on them, so it may not look like what you are expecting. Usually they are ball valves. If it does not have isolation valves, I would install them now, before anything else is done. It will make things much easier for you. If you had the chiller down and opened while changing the drier, it already has a large amount of air. The solenoid valves don't isolate the drier from atmosphere. And more now won't make that much difference. Plus, you will hopefully be able to solve your purge problem and then the purge will be able to remove that air much faster than any method of guesswork operation while manipulating the purge in some kind of semi-manual fashion. And if you find the float valve is stuck, you probably can free it up by cleaning it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast