Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    that epoxy coated crap leaks. good luck pin pointing the leak with all those U bends coated with the stuff.. it keeps us all in business but is a p.i.t.a to work on. i prefer an expansion valve any day over a cap tube. replacing a power element & busting open a valve is more so then not an easy task compared to running new cap n securing it to a suction line on some of these units where access is horrid

Hey thanks you guys. I was just starting to thing that i suck. I do like the head preassure swithch idea at what pressure should i use. What do you guys think.

POE oil is a very good cleaner, so if the system was put in under less than optimal conditions the oil is bring back dirt to plug things up. The other thing to look at is has someone added UV dye over time it will gum things up also.

you would think the manufactures would build a coil that can tolerate some dirt!!

Quote Originally Posted by lurch12 View Post
    Hey thanks you guys. I was just starting to thing that i suck. I do like the head preassure swithch idea at what pressure should i use. What do you guys think.
    When I install HPS I never set them higher than whatever pressure=150 degrees on the PT chart
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Hoshizaki reach-ins have a high pressure safety and a TXV. Found it makes a great selling point, especially to an owner who has lost a compressor to a plugged cap.
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Some may disagree. But I find 134a to be the worst refrigerant on the market. I have not liked it when it came out and like it less now. Like others have posted if the condensor coil plugs up chances are you will have a cap tube plug up soon. I have had success replaceing 134a with 409a. Amp draw is lower on compressor, discharge temps are lower, compressors run cooler and have 5 or 6 units running for five + years with no problems. So obvously. No oil issues. Wouldn't try it on any thing under warranty though.

i even hate buying the crap!

why not 401a?

[QUOTE=primmers;12057581]you would think the manufactures would build a coil that can tolerate some dirt!![/QOTE] Universal Nolin did some time ago with their roll of tubing condenser and 9 watt motor.

Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    i even hate buying the crap!

why not 401a?
    I have used it before also. Seems the 409 dropped box temp faster. Don't know why.

but isn't 409 a low temp freon??

Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    but isn't 409 a low temp freon??
    Drop in replacement for r12. Found that it does not work well with high condensor temps. Say above 100* ambient.

yes a drop in for low temp r12 systems.........i thought!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast