Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carrier Centrifugals

New to site I.ve been working on Carrier Centrifugals for 35 years (teardowns to troubling shooting), From 16HA,JA JB. 17CZ,17M'17CA,DA , 19C,CB 19D,(D2yes they do exist only a few were made this one was at a chruch in downtown Dallas)DA DG DH DK DM DR,19EA,EB, EF, EX and FA , series and 19XL,XRXRV,XT. Just finished repairing a shaft and overhauling a 19C,starting repairs on a 19EB and yes I've still got a 17M that I take care of.
    Pretty interesting site. I saw a poll about going pro only on the site
    To bad the open forum might be able to help someone out

Welcome, Navy Rules. I think you'll find this to be a helpful and informative sight. I know I have since I've been here. It's just a suggestion, but when I first came here I spent my spare time reviewing old threads in the chiller forums. It helped me in a couple of ways; it gave me some idea of what people's experience and skill levels are (and how much trust to put in their advice), and I found a lot of information in the form of links and pdf's, to file away for future reference. That's quite a list of equipment you've got there. I don't even recognize most of them. I have very little Carrier experience. Practically all of my career was with Trane, working almost exclusively on Trane equipment. What's behind "Navy Rules"? Are you active or ex-Navy? I'm ex-Navy myself. 1979-1985. Again, welcome, and get your post numbers up and apply for pro status. It's really very easy.

The open forum can also get folks that don't have any business fooling with this type equipment in more of a mess than they can get out of. 15 posts ain't a lot. Get your count up and apply. As was stated, "It's really very easy".

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Rules View Post
    New to site I.ve been working on Carrier Centrifugals for 35 years (teardowns to troubling shooting), From 16HA,JA JB. 17CZ,17M'17CA,DA , 19C,CB 19D,(D2yes they do exist only a few were made this one was at a chruch in downtown Dallas)DA DG DH DK DM DR,19EA,EB, EF, EX and FA , series and 19XL,XRXRV,XT. Just finished repairing a shaft and overhauling a 19C,starting repairs on a 19EB and yes I've still got a 17M that I take care of.
    Damn Crash you just found this site?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Navy Rules,

Wellcome, I'm repair the Carrier centrifugal chiller about 25 years.
    Can

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post

Yea it's me, I was googling some information about you always brush your tubes after acidizing so I could show the engineer and chemical company rep and this site pop up

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    Welcome, Navy Rules. I think you'll find this to be a helpful and informative sight. I know I have since I've been here. It's just a suggestion, but when I first came here I spent my spare time reviewing old threads in the chiller forums. It helped me in a couple of ways; it gave me some idea of what people's experience and skill levels are (and how much trust to put in their advice), and I found a lot of information in the form of links and pdf's, to file away for future reference. That's quite a list of equipment you've got there. I don't even recognize most of them. I have very little Carrier experience. Practically all of my career was with Trane, working almost exclusively on Trane equipment. What's behind "Navy Rules"? Are you active or ex-Navy? I'm ex-Navy myself. 1979-1985. Again, welcome, and get your post numbers up and apply for pro status. It's really very easy.
    Ex Navy 76 to 80 east coast Homeport was Charleston

Yea it's me, I was googling some information about you always brush your tubes after acidizing so I could show the engineer and chemical company rep and this site pop up
    Well google is a wonderful thing.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    There goes the neighborhood!
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

17 CZ............. like 16 C's........... there cant be any of them left.
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

Never seen a Carrier 17CZ....I have worked on the 9-1/2 CZ as well as many i6C absorbers. I kept the vacuum eductors from a few of the 16C's...Damned if I know why..Did the 17CZ use Methylene Cloride as refrigerant like the 9-1/2 CZ did?? At the American Securities bank in New Orleans, they have an album of Ol' man Carre himself in color, doing the start-up on a 9-1/2CZ along with his goofy looking fedora hat.
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

Oh yeah...Ex-Navy here also...56-63...Extended during the Kennedy cuban fiasco for 3 Loooooong years.
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

Ain't that the First Baptist Church of Dallas? Welcome aboard!
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast