Carrier infinity 96 error 33 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

final update hopefully

So another update. The contractors (more knowledgeable son) came and did about 3 hours worth of work.

He installed a new pipe that I believe connects the duct work underneath back to the return air pipe. There is also a weight balance on this pipe. I believe it has something to do with the zones and the emergency valve, the air will return back into the air return supply (you experts can correct me if im wrong, which probably I am).

He also changed the position of the air temperature sensor to a different location.

Also worth noting there amber light error code is now gone and replaced with a constant amber light. Is this a sign that the machine is functioning properly or should the amber light be completely off?

However, one thing I noticed is that lets say room temp is 70 and I set thermostat to 75, it takes an hour or so for the temperature to rise to 75. It seems too long for me. I remember him saying something like he adjusted the high heat level so that the machine wont go into high heat as much which might be why it is taking so long for it to rise 5 degrees.

Any thoughts from the experts?

I have attached a couple pics so you can see the new duct, weight balance, air temp sensor placement.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Solidspidey View Post
    So another update. The contractors (more knowledgeable son) came and did about 3 hours worth of work.

He installed a new pipe that I believe connects the duct work underneath back to the return air pipe. There is also a weight balance on this pipe. I believe it has something to do with the zones and the emergency valve, the air will return back into the air return supply (you experts can correct me if im wrong, which probably I am).

He also changed the position of the air temperature sensor to a different location.

Also worth noting there amber light error code is now gone and replaced with a constant amber light. Is this a sign that the machine is functioning properly or should the amber light be completely off?

However, one thing I noticed is that lets say room temp is 70 and I set thermostat to 75, it takes an hour or so for the temperature to rise to 75. It seems too long for me. I remember him saying something like he adjusted the high heat level so that the machine wont go into high heat as much which might be why it is taking so long for it to rise 5 degrees.

Any thoughts from the experts?

I have attached a couple pics so you can see the new duct, weight balance, air temp sensor placement.
    It sounds like the smarter one did not do anything to increase the performance of your system. Twelve minutes per degree is a long time. He installed a bypass damper in front of the HWH and if it needs service you will need to remove the bypass to work on it. Bump the heat up five degrees and listen for it to go to second stage it should be a distinctive sound. He may have disconnected second stage.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    the carrier infinity works much better with the carrier infinity zone control it is a few bucks more and worth every penny .not to be rude but that looks like a low bid job . I hope you got a very good price .and the dat sensor on the return air is a rookie mistake
    exactly...and wouldnt need that bypass ( in front of hwt... )

fixed?

So hopefully final update. I called the he contractors smarter son and told him about the extremely long wait for proper heating.

He said he knew what the problem was. He came and installed a 2 stage thermostat downstairs and kept the single state thermostat upstairs.

Since then the noise is now gone and the heating is coming nice and smoothly. It comes on, does it job and goes back to sleep I believe my issues have been resolved.

I asked him "so.....basically the guys who came the first time to install the system did it improperly?" and he basically admitted they did a poor job and apologized for all the inconvenience.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234