Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sorry, I think I measured it incorrectly.

I have posted an updated pic. The smaller pipe is about 1ft in diameter and the larger pipe connecting to the filter box is about 4ft in diameter.

I hope I got the right one you were asking for measurements. Sorry about that!

Also, can you please clarify where the pre-filters cells that need to be cleaned are? When I open the filter cabinet there is only one washable blue cheap filter. I have also posted a picture of that.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Ok so you have a media cabinet, and not an electronic air cleaner. If you look inside the cabinet you should see the damper in the pipe

I removed the cabinet cover and tried to look up inside the pipe. I dont see anything there, its kind of hard as it bends.

Should there be a damper where the honeywell zone control apparatus is?

If not, might this be related to my issues?

try a mirror

lol you're a genius! All I can see is a metal rod sticking out coming from the Honeywell apparatus. No damper.

thoughts?

Return air temperature sensor? Does the rod run from side to side? If it does remove filter and look inside unit.

It only protrudes out a little bit, not even half way across. I attached a picture so you can see.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

hvac64, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

12" round return and 80,000 btu furnace? damper or not thats not enough R/A.

ryno77

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

This is your first warning. Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

update 2

So another update.

One of the contractors partners came and looked at the furnace. He heard the "train-like" noise and said it had to do with the zone dampers. I didn't exactly understand everything he was talking about but what I got from it was the heat was not being properly exhausted, something about a safety valve. But he did say that he thought the fresh air intake was sufficient.

He is coming on Tuesday to do a couple more hours of work and looks like they will be adding an additional pipe. I hope this fixes things.

I will keep you guys updated!

the carrier infinity works much better with the carrier infinity zone control it is a few bucks more and worth every penny .not to be rude but that looks like a low bid job . I hope you got a very good price .and the dat sensor on the return air is a rookie mistake

Yea I realize that now. I basically paid half of what the others wanted to charge me.

I guess you get for what you pay for. Hopefully my issues get corrected.

Where should the air temp sensor normally be placed?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast