Comparing two mini-splits
    I have a couple of quick questions about comparing two mini-splits of different sizes. My questions concern the cooling mode.

Assume one mini is a 13K BTU unit and on medium fan it puts out 340 cfm when cooling. Assume that the other mini is a 16K BTU and puts out 340 cfm on low fan.

question 1: Does the BTU affect how cold the supply air is when cooling? Or will the air be equally cold from both units? I realize that the 16K unit will extract more moisture.

Question 2: Will the time to reach the calling temperature be about the same if I run the 13K on medium fan compared to the 16K on low fan (each will have the same cfm)? Or will the 16K unit on low fan reach the calling temperature faster?

Many thanks for your feedback.

Originally posted by jumper1
    I have a couple of quick questions about comparing two mini-splits of different sizes. My questions concern the cooling mode.

Assume one mini is a 13K BTU unit and on medium fan it puts out 340 cfm when cooling. Assume that the other mini is a 16K BTU and puts out 340 cfm on low fan.

question 1: Does the BTU affect how cold the supply air is when cooling? Or will the air be equally cold from both units? I realize that the 16K unit will extract more moisture.

Depends on how much moisture is present,but the 16 will also extract more total heat

Question 2: Will the time to reach the calling temperature be about the same if I run the 13K on medium fan compared to the 16K on low fan (each will have the same cfm)?
    no
    Or will the 16K unit on low fan reach the calling temperature faster?
    yes
    Many thanks for your feedback.