Manitowoc ice maker QY0455W help

Manitowoc ice maker QY0455W help

I have a customer that I cant get the ice unit just right. I have it starting to making ice but the ice quality is poor.

Here is the back ground.
    Customer went to clean the unit himself and ran the cleaner and sanitizer cycles just fine. After words the unit started to produce very little ice. This was next to nothing. We then noticed that the water bin was full of frozen water, not really ice but slush.

I noticed that the harvest light was always on during the entire cycle.
    I do know that the ice thickness probe was cleaned and that it only activates the harvest during the last few minutes that it sees water over it for a continous 7 seconds.

I was wondering if the ice thickness probe should be replaced.

Any help would be apprciated.

SOKO

"im really not an ice expert, but I try"
    I never said I know it all.. But I am willing to learn.

Sounds like the sensor is just too close to the plate
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Remove the ice thickness probe and clean with soap and water. I've found after cleaning manitowoc machines there's a residue that can be left behind that can ground out the probe.

Take the sensor out and dry it out if the harvest light remains on when you are holding it (the plastic not the metal) then the probe it shorted and needs to be replaced

Sounds like the sensor is bad. Probes are cheap and if the machine has been running for a while then replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by adam_s05 View Post
    Remove the ice thickness probe and clean with soap and water. I've found after cleaning manitowoc machines there's a residue that can be left behind that can ground out the probe.
    great reply!

Also ... little know fact

After cleaning or replacing unplug the ice machine from the main power (outlet etc) for 5-10 seconds. When it comes back on at the point the compressor starts, the board will re-calibrate to the probe and the light will go out. But you gotta wait 45 seconds!