Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodman HVAC

Hmm

Roboteq, (and all qualified installers & dealers also)

What is the main difference (if any) between the 2.5 ton, GSC130301A & the CLT30-1 A/C units. According to the website, one has a 5 yr. warranty and the other has a 10 yr. warranty. I see where one is more quiet than the other, but other than that, are there any major differences between the models, or is one considered to be "better" or an upgrade over the other.

I am also considering a 46,000 BTH GMV95. Are they readily available through authorized installers in South Jersey (zip 08080)?? Have there been any problems getting these units to authorized dealers in South Jersey??

Thanks,
    Vince D.

The CLT is the older version 13 SEER unit that is your better buy if you can still get one. Same performance but better warranties.

There should be no problems getting the GMV95045. If you have a problem, let me know.

I am assuming you are a HO that will be hiring a contractor. Let me know if I assume wrong.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Wink Goodman HVAC

Thanks Robo, if I can get one I'll go with the older CLT model.

Your assumption is correct, I am a HO and will only deal with a factory authorized and trained installer. After reading the posts on this site for the past week or so, it appears that though there might be some slight differences between competing brands, it will be the quality of the installation that will determine the performance of the unit. I'm a pretty good painter, but installing a HVAC unit is not something I would try and tackle.

Any suggestions for "quality" dealers/installers in South Jersey (zip 08080)??

If you have any suggestions you can also send info to me at

Thanks again!!

Vince D.

Sorry Vince, site rules prohibit posting e-mail addresses. It attracts spam causing bots to surf our site.

[Edited by BaldLoonie on 03-08-2006 at 12:12 PM]

Re: Goodman HVAC

Originally posted by vinced
    Any suggestions for "quality" dealers/installers in South Jersey (zip 08080)??

Your best bet would be to call the nearest Goodman corporate owned distributor in Westville at 856-251-9277 and ask who they might recommend.

I can be emailed at; robin.boyd(at)goodmanmfg(dot)com

Actually just wanted to show how to post an email address without causing problems

A factory Authorized Goodman Dealer?????

Trained?????

In NJ?????????

Go back to sleep dave; obviously no one was referring to you.

When did Goodman begin "factory authorizing" dealers?
    Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

Cool

Davey and Doug,

You obviously have not heard of New Jersey's leading HVAC contractor, Soprano Mechanical. They carry all brands, expert installation (you never hear a peep from the HO), and flexible financing (this month's special is a 45% interest rate on financing).

If you have any relatives in NJ, tell them to call 1-800-heat-u-up and FAGETABOUTIT!!

Vince D.

Yeah,

They will give you an offer you cant refuse!!

So tell me, how does one sign up to become a factory authorized goodman dealer? What does the program offer?

So if this company is so great why are you here looking for information? Cant they provide it for you?

Dave in NJ

Sorry my post was intended for a different string.

[Edited by georgiaguy on 03-09-2006 at 07:15 PM]

I've often said that that the main criteria to be an HVAC contractor in South Jersey and Philadelphia was that your name had to end in a vowel.

Goodman does not have "certified" dealers, per se. There are several really good dealer programs however. There is the GoodCare Dealer program for dealers who want to sell and provide service for Goodman extended warranties. There is the Goodman A-Plus Dealer program for dealers who want to earn accrual money for purchases to help out with or just flat out pay for advertizing and such. There is a Goodman A-Plus Wizard business software program that incorporates all of the software needed to operate an HVAC business into one interacting package, including ACCA approved Manual J for resi and commercial, whole building or room by room.

We have a training program the 15th of this March for the A-Plus Wizard for whoever wants to sign up

robo
    where is this going to be
    i will be ripping into my goodman rep for not offering this to us also

we starting to push goodman as our second line here in south jersey and i think all the new products are good quality so far

The Wizard software and training is at a hotel near the Philly airport. I have to look up exactly where. I guess I should do that since I am going to be taking the training as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast