Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Anybody know how much more than an E350 these suckers will be or the tall Nissan?
    <________________________> that much
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

I got busted last night by a Ford Engineer

As I was driving home last night I saw a new full size Transit in a restaurant parking lot.

I decided to swing in and check it out, I took about 7-8 pics of it including an interior shot.

This is what I found out after the guy driving it came up to me as I was bent down on the ground looking at it.

He said it was a 5 cylinder inline diesel, it was not, I am sure of that.

The radiator was hacked through the hood and the grill. He said there would not be any 5.4 option. He said there may be an EcoBoost option, I am quite sure this thing had a V-6 EcoBoost in it.

I though I saw the huge piping for a charge air cooler (inter cooler) under the front but it was very dark outside and hard to tell.

The hood pins are there just like the one in the video because the hood latch has been removed so that the radiator will go up into the hood, notice the black shroud on the top of the hood.

The vehicle I saw had a GVWR of 8200 pounds, basically less than the current E-150 which is 8600 pounds.

This was a 200T350, which is the light duty version, it was a Euro spec vehicle that was an actual test mule for the new drive train for the US spec vehicle.

He was unable to tell me what the 200 meant, possibly something to do with wheelbase? he was unable to tell me what the 350 meant, possibly he thought it was a metric version of weight.

Europe vans are almost all manual trans, we will have all auto transmissions.

I could not stand up all the way, he was nice enough after determining that I was not there from GM or going to steal his vehicle to talk rather guardedly.

They are doing rough road testing, I am not sure how this thing will stand up to our dirt roads.

It was also very low to the ground, my 2010 F 150 4X4 sat higher at the belt line than this did, it reminded me of a first or second generation Econoline 100 as low as it sat.

I seriously doubt that this is the Transit we will be seeing in 14 months, these are simply test mules using the current Euro body and frames with US spec drive trains.

Looks like I may eventually be switching to Chevy's, he stated that these will not be carrying the same amount of weight that we are used to, to carry what my existing E-350 carries I will have to go to a dually Transit.

It all depends on price, plus after reading around on the net on site said the e-series will still be made throughout the next several years....BUT the ford UK sites as them starting around 18,000 lbs, which is around 22,000 dollars. so hopefully our unionized production won't inflate the price too much...........
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by artdavila View Post
    It all depends on price, plus after reading around on the net on site said the e-series will still be made throughout the next several years....BUT the ford UK sites as them starting around 18,000 lbs, which is around 22,000 dollars. so hopefully our unionized production won't inflate the price too much...........
    That would be more like $28,000.

so price would be similiar to the current vans.......guess i will wait to see one up close....will need new service vehicle around that time anyway, late 2013 early 2014
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

The 200T350 designation if it follows uk norms is 200hp and 3500kg gross vehicle weight, so about 1600/1700kg payload.

I've only ever seen one transit here with the 200hp engine most have a 2.2 or 2.5L diesel rated between 90 and 140hp. Seems you guys get treated well in the engine specs department!

Any work vehicle over 3.5tons here (inc trailer weight) would need a tachograph like a semi truck to log driver hours etc, also there are more stringent anual safety inspections, so no one buys any vehicle that big unless they really need it. Most techs here wold be expected to work out of a vehicle with a 1000kg max payload.

I want one. 5 speed turbo diesel pls with that electric ladder rack. I don't get it what's the need of having big pay load since you don't needed it most of the time. when you do, have it delivered and crane to the site. how many jug of refrigerant do you need??
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

So where is all the pic's you took?

It just looks like a dodge sprinter. I sure hope they don't rust out like the sprinter does. It looks lower then a sprinter van the guy was bent over a bit in the back of the van. I would take a 3500 Sprinter over these vans anyday.Name:  sprinter.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  7.1 KBName:  inside sprinter.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  8.0 KB

I am a owner operator of a small hvac company we currently have 2 nissan nv high tops and have had sprinters fords and chevys in the past nothing compares to the nissan

I do a lot of work downtown and have to get into some garages with pretty low clearance. So low that I have to let the air out of the tires of my E-350 just to get in some of them

The service manager just said this is what we're going to in the future as they phase out the old e-series vans. Hopefully they're not all high-top Sprinter style vans and they have a low profile version like the Nissan.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12