Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Shrewsbury, MA
    Post Likes

    Gas Fireplace insert needs to be converted to NG


    I have a fireplace gas insert that was made by Martin Industries. Model # HFI32, MFI32, SFI32, Serial number 01102680 that is piped for LP. I need a conversion kit or a new gas valve assembly and maybe other parts to convert to NG.

    Valve Specs:
    LO 6.4" - HI 10.0"
    for millivolt system only

    Any and All information would be appreciated. Thank You!

    Last edited by B_DiTerlizzi; 12-22-2011 at 12:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Kent, WA.
    Post Likes
    i think the bad news is gonna be that martin industries no longer exists and the company that bought them out did not carry over martins product lines and therefore parts are not available. dont quote me on this but im thinking LP and NG flue and burner designs are different and converting burners/gas valves might not be such a good idea or safe if a unit is designed for one gas and converted to another. your best bet is to get a proper fireplace for the gas you have available.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    S.E. Pa
    Post Likes
    You can contact Monessen Hearth Systems for tech support. They bought Martin and yes, the line was shut down but they can provide some very limited tech support. Very limited....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.