+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4444748495051525354
Results 1,061 to 1,072 of 1072

Thread: Stupidest Service Call you've run!!!

Post Likes
    15 20 minutes ago
    hi hun, dad put some stuff in the basement a few hours ago and now the heats not working. Hes in bed but it's cold in here.
    Which switch did he turn off when he turned off the basement lights?
    Their both off?
    Mom turn the the switch with the red plate back on...yes if it that doesn't do it I'll swing by... it sounds like it's working? yeah that needs to be on..no it needs to stay on all the time..yes all the time..
    Yup make sure it stays on... No leave the switch on, the furnace will turn off when it gets to what you set the thermostat at...yes I'm sure. yes leave it on all the time.. no mom it's getting late janelle is in bed with riley, yeah I'm pretty sure they are asleep. I'll tell you what how about we grab dinner this week or you guys can swing by and we can cookout on the grill or something. yeah call me back if the heat turns back off. love you to, good night.. yes leave it on.. yup leave it on...love you t..yes it needs to be on... love you too goodnight.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Likes hurtinhvac liked this post.
    Post Likes
    She does know what you do for a living right? Lol Or are you a secret agent tech?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustytool View Post
    15 20 minutes ago
    hi hun, dad put some stuff in the basement a few hours ago and now the heats not working. Hes in bed but it's cold in here.
    Which switch did he turn off when he turned off the basement lights?
    Their both off?
    Mom turn the the switch with the red plate back on...yes if it that doesn't do it I'll swing by... it sounds like it's working? yeah that needs to be on..no it needs to stay on all the time..yes all the time..
    Yup make sure it stays on... No leave the switch on, the furnace will turn off when it gets to what you set the thermostat at...yes I'm sure. yes leave it on all the time.. no mom it's getting late janelle is in bed with riley, yeah I'm pretty sure they are asleep. I'll tell you what how about we grab dinner this week or you guys can swing by and we can cookout on the grill or something. yeah call me back if the heat turns back off. love you to, good night.. yes leave it on.. yup leave it on...love you t..yes it needs to be on... love you too goodnight.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I think the dumbest ive seen was the customers were saying there was a " Big" freon leak and they even pointed me where it was, the high side schraeder valve! after inspecting the system it being 2 yrs old!! I added a little refrig and checked for leak with my detecter and nothing i told them that it was weird i had no leaks and was scratching my head and they confessed that they huffed on it to get high smdh!

Post Likes
    Not stupid at all brother ! you needed that call to excersise your compassion

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.105degrees View Post
    I think the dumbest ive seen was the customers were saying there was a " Big" freon leak and they even pointed me where it was, the high side schraeder valve! after inspecting the system it being 2 yrs old!! I added a little refrig and checked for leak with my detecter and nothing i told them that it was weird i had no leaks and was scratching my head and they confessed that they huffed on it to get high smdh!
    Name:  StupidIs.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  142.4 KB
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.105degrees View Post
    Did you give them the public service announcement that people have died from inhaling that stuff, that they just contributed to global warming and they are now subject to a $25k fine or higher, and that they need to get to the Dr., tell him what they did and that they may have picked up a brain eating amoeba! There is a 5% chance they won't do it again if you told them that, but it's worth a shot.

Post Likes
    got my attention at brain eating amoeba! I hear they are as bad as zombies.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rcstl View Post
    got my attention at brain eating amoeba! I hear they are as bad as zombies.
    You mean you don't wear a full hazmat suit, breather and all when you put the gauges on?

Post Likes
    Lol

Post Likes
    You know it just occurred to me, the stupidest service call I ever went on was . . . The one I didn’t fix right the first time I was there.

12. Likes theoldscroll liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Stupidest service call I ever ran. (Stupid being on my end???)

Customer calls, says they bought a new thermostat, what would I charge to install it?

I was just licensed, hungry for work and customers, job was 10 minutes away.... here comes the stupid part ..... I said “sure, $xx dollars (svc call fee).”

Upon arriving, the homeowner presents the lowest cost stat from a big box store..... and it’s DOA!

So she says, oh I bought it just down the road, would you mind waiting while I run down and exchanging it? I said yes and proceeded to wait 45 minutes for her to return with the new one.

New one arrives and it too is DOA! Now she is thinking the same thing every one reading this is probably thinking (no way, it’s something you are doing wrong, there is no way they could both be bad!).

Now as a fellow tech, keep in mind that I tested continuity across thermostat pegs with batteries in... and stat removed from the wall... and couldn’t even get either stat to close the manual “on” switch for blower motor.

At this point I tell her that I have a basic stat on my van.... let’s try it.

Slap the stat from my van in and everything fired right up.

..... then she flips about the price of my stat..... being hungry and not wanting to make waves, I offered to give it to her at cost (which was actually less than the receipt I saw in her return bag, than the big box store). She of course agreed and off I went, with my service call fee in hand.... and 3 full hours of time spent.... ��

On the bright side, she end up raving to her neighbors about me and I sold a system replacement AND a pull and clean to her direct neighbors.... then one of the neighbors friends hired me to put a compressor in!?

So I am left with mixed feelings..... if you treat a stupid service call like it is stupid, you may miss out on the fallout of being patient with stupidity.

14. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Job for a Medical Centre Cold
    Arrive to find Controller Temp Reading 20.6’C
    Setpoint @ 20.1’C
    Up the Setpoint to 28’C
    Go check the Outdoor , both stages running & no faults
    2 Staff Members then stated “what have you done , it’s getting warm in here” & Proceded to turn of a Heater they had running in each of their rooms.

Advised staff on how to use controller & changed Setpoint to 22’C & set schedule to come on @ 7am so the space is comfortable on their arrival @ 8am Weekdays.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4444748495051525354

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in