Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsma View Post
    I ran this no heat call on a oil furnace that was running a few days before. I asked the lady when the last time they checked the tank and was told that they got oil 2 weeks before. I check the furnace and found water in the oil filter. I went outside and found the garden hose in the fill pipe. I told the homeowner what I found and she yells upstairs for her two boys to get downstairs now. When questioned by Mom they fessed up that they were playing oil delivery guy since they saw the nieghbor get a delivery of oil earlier that day.
    oh nooooooooooooo !!

On the other hand, while an expensive lesson, you gotta give the kids credit for some imagination.....something sadly lacking in today's children.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Went on a no heat call, customer had a dirty trashed home. After
    checking various items, I find he has no gas. Went outside to check
    the gas meter, and there is NO gas meter. It was gone.

I told HO, and he says ..........., he fessed up that his gas had been
    cut off for no pay, but he knew how to get gas back ok, said he
    had done this twice.

I told him well they got you this time.

About once a month we always get a call from some restaurant about some kind of freezer- "its too warm in there!!!!"

Ma'am, the unit goes into defrost every x amount of hours.

I have a love/hate relationship with those calls. Easy, but annoying.

Had to drive 45 minutes once to plug in an undercounter cooler at Starbucks that they called in as not cooling!

After-hours call, answering service says no heat. I call the customer and have trouble understanding the man, I don't speak Spanish and he speaks very little English. After a few minutes on the phone at increasing volume I finally get the most clear answer I'm going to get to my "Your furnace isn't working, is that right?" when he says "Si, si, furnace no work, you come now? I pay cash!"

When I get there I ask to be shown the furnace and he leads me into the bathroom. There are three guys around the bathtub. They've taken the drain handle off and have cut a hole in the wall behind the tub and have a coat hanger wire snaked down the drain in the tub. I say "This is it?". The owner says, "Si, si, no drain, you fix?"

"I'm not a plumber, sir." And I went home.

Customer calls and says the T-stat makes a loud noise. I get to the house, no TV, No radio, nothing at all in the house is on(I can hear myself breathing)dead quite. I turn the Tstat on, and the relay clicks and she goes" THAT, right there, I can hear that clear across the house" Me: "Maam, that's normal" Turn on the tv and shut up!!!

I was out for a tune up, put it in heat mode and notice the burners dont kick on, informed the client the burners wernt coming on and that I would have to change this into a diagnostic visit. he said Ok. I start testing gas valve. let him know the gas valve is opening but no gas is coming out. He says " oh yeah could it be cause the utilities are shut off?" DOH!!!!

1/6/12- i go out to a, you changed my sisters t-stat and i want one like her's. I get to the house and it is 50* at the t-stat so i asked is your heat working, no i need a new t-stat. I said let me check the system out first t-stats don't fail that often. She says you put a new stat on and I gaurantee it will work. I say are you sure, yes i need a new stat. I put on the new stat turn it on and nothing. I look at the filter and it is plugged i go outside and find burned up wires above burners I repair wires furnace lights and when blower comes on center flame comes straight for me. 7 yr old goodman pkg furnace with hole in heatexchanger and homewoner wants new t-stat.

dogboy

Drove an hour to do a warranty call on a bread oven at a new Subway opening up. Get there and found a three phase unit wired up to single phase service - third power lead left unconnected. Call the electrician and after and argument (because I obviously don't know what I'm talking about) he comes out to the restaurant to have a look. He thought the three phase symbol meant he was supposed to use 3/O wire (which even if he was right he didn't do...)

Scary....

Quote Originally Posted by Redrocket916 View Post
    I was out for a tune up, put it in heat mode and notice the burners dont kick on, informed the client the burners wernt coming on and that I would have to change this into a diagnostic visit. he said Ok. I start testing gas valve. let him know the gas valve is opening but no gas is coming out. He says " oh yeah could it be cause the utilities are shut off?" DOH!!!!
    What company do you work for? Im from 916...

Unhappy I dont want to get old.

Old customer, been there many times for P/M's, always the filter is clean, he changes it. Poor man forgot to take the plastic wrap off. 3M red/White Basic plete-filter, not like it was hard to see.... for me anyway.

The homeowner was being nice since he had a large home and didnt wanna put his aunt into a old folks home. He made her a room in the basement of the house. He had a wall mount gas heater that she had been messing with constantly , so to prevent her from doing this he taped up the knob so she couldn't adjust it. He noticed the next day water all over the floor and wall where she had dumped a bucket of water on it to put out the fire!!!lol
    needless to say out with the old and in with a new heat & ac system

had one like that, when the tstat didn't mind her directions, she wacked it with her cane.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast