Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooked View Post
    Probably not the stupidest, but....... About a month ago, a no cooling "emergency". I found this. Look closely.

Attachment 232791 Attachment 232801
    Hmmmmm, kinda looks like something might be missing here!

So how many of us have written up 'repaired broken electrical connection' to cover for the employee that did not make sure the unit was plugged in before calling the service company????? I write that service ticket at least twice a year........

Quote Originally Posted by chrldwlf View Post
    So how many of us have written up 'repaired broken electrical connection' to cover for the employee that did not make sure the unit was plugged in before calling the service company????? I write that service ticket at least twice a year........
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by chrldwlf View Post
    Rookie, thats a turned off disconnect after an inspection.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

I had someone steal a brand new Carrier condensing unit from a Dr's office. Boss gave me a rash of S--- before I went out there. Found out it was gone and had a little fun with the boss trouble shooting the problem over the phone. He never did figure it out, had to finally tell him it was stolen. Always wondered what they did with a 3 phase, residential looking unit.

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    This week,

1) Lady calls in a panic house is freezing cold and the unit just blows lukewarm/cold ish air.

Get there to find t-stat in the FAN ON position...

I then spent 20 minutes failing to explain to her the auto vs ON position.

2) Customer called saying there was heat but very little airflow then unit would shut off.
    Get there to find no problems with the high limit switch or other safeties, motor, duct work is clean and spotless.
    It even smelled nice...

Hang on a sec...

Yeah, I had to break open the filter grill, looked up the air box and found several years worth of dryer sheets wadded up together at the turn before the duct hit the furnace.
    She then confessed to putting 1 sheet in a month to keep the ductwork smelling nice...

I ended up using my eletrical fishing pole to unclog the sheets.

15 minutes and $110 later and she was beetroot red from embarrasment.
    You cannot cheat an honest man. But that doesn't stop people trying!

The Ho Wah calls and says "Kenny, come quick. Air Crdishner sruck by rightning.

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat22 View Post
    After the second, I would have written on the furnace, "no filter here, look in return grill".
    It was written on the slide gate "FILTER 16x25x1" Don't know how much planner than that you can get, especially after showing them.

I remember driving for an hour to a no heat call. Got there to find an Adams Speed Flame power burner torn apart, no 2 parts left together, even the centrifical switch off the end of the motor. Put it all back together so I could diagnois it, found the thermocouple was bad.

Years ago, had a customer call about a gas leak. Was sent out to check it. Walked in the basement to see some bad looking corroded pipe with a garden hose between it. The man said he knew it was leaking at the hose connection and wanted to know if I could put a new hose washer in it. Needless to say I happened to just use my last washer on another job and hadn't had a chance to restock that item.

Also had a customer with no heat whose husband decided to save some time by venting the dryer into the chimney. I have never seen so much lint packed into a heat exchanger flueway before or since.
    He had blocked off the flue diverter to stop the dryer exhaust backflow from it.

Last week I took a no heat call...turns out they had heat all along.

The most interesting was when we installed a wallhung at a hoarders house. She called back saying the home never warmed up...walking around the home was not possible or necessary, all the baseboard was blocked with boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by moto823 View Post
    The most interesting was when we installed a wallhung at a hoarders house. She called back saying the home never warmed up...walking around the home was not possible or necessary, all the baseboard was blocked with boxes.
    I find that the tenant thinks that FLOOR length draperies are NECESSARY for baseboard hot water heat.....
    Oh and the beds and couch should be warmer against the wall also....
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast