Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1720212223242526272829303132333437 ... LastLast
    I was on one, the HO was an English big breasted nice looking girl. The call was plugged sewer. I went there with the plumber and we went in the basement and it was 1" high of pure **** water but the kicker was there was at least 20 or more used condoms laying on the floor. We got the hell out of there lol.

My heat pump is on fire. It's smoking.

My last residential service call a few years back. Midnight. No heat. My wife is sick in bed and its cold in there. Furnace not running. No call for heat. Where is the stat? In the family room. Yep in the family room 3 feet from the running gas log they recently installed. 74 in the family room.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    My heat pump is on fire. It's smoking.
    I give out instruction sheets with all heat pumps that I install. It covers that and a host of other things.
    It has my company phone number plastered all over it too.

Many people in my area are transplanted Yankees like me who have no experience with heat pumps.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

At a factory was asked to check a cabinet cooler on a mcc cabinet for a big press. It wasn't knocking the temp down at all since installed. Took cover off made temporary cardboard covers and everything. Everything was functioning even had clean coils. Noticed the cabinet had intake fans that the condenser fan was blowing on. Opened cabinet looked around... The top of the cabinet was expanded metal. Put it all back together and told maintenance guy to put metal on top and blank off fans. He got serious and said, "hot air rises. If you cover the top how is the hot air going to get out.?" I told him to try it. I wonder if when it gets hot out he opens his windows to let the heat out while his AC runs. Then when it catches up he shuts all the windows real fast.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought of it this afternoon after a person asked me to remove their filter so they could wash it instead of buying a new one. Oh by the way, it was just a cheapie 1" pleated filter. Uh no, you cant wash those

One of my customers is a home flipper. He buys foreclosures and fixes them up a tad and sells them. He calls me on friday and asked me if I could go to a house he sold over the winter cause the new homeoner tried ac and nothing came on. Electrician went b4 me cause they thought it was a voltage issue but it wasn't. The electrician told me that it keeps blowing the fuse on circuit board. I asked him if he rang out the low voltage and he told me it was fine and it needed a new board. It was an old carrier that was being used for straight ac no hp. First the electrician could have told me that there was a single pole switch on a 240v ah and only way to kill power was turn off breaker which was in basement. I look where tstat wire comes up through the plate in to attic and followed it down the line I found the tstat wire zip tied to an old piece of BX running through the same holes drilled through ceiling joist. The jacket was gone from the low voltage and bare copper from common and y rubbing the BX. I changed transformer and staterd right up. I grab the liquid line and it's ice cold. B4 I added any refrig I checked the filter and sure enough it still had the original factory filter that was never cleaned. It looked like a cat melted on the filter. It needed 2 lbs of 22 and was fine but I told them a good coil cleaning is needed but they will be happy today because we have a heat wave starting today and very muggy.

This isn't really a stupid call and I'm sure all of you have ran in to it before. I was leaving to go out of town and a man who lived about 45-50 min away called and says his outdoor unit wasn't working. It was about 72-73 degrees out it felt great anyways he wanted his ac on. I told him it would be an expensive call because it was on a Saturday and he loved almost an hour away and he claimed he was an electrical inspector . So to help save him money I have him check minor things and one of them begin the breaker. He didn't have 240 to his disconnect and I said check your breaker he said " oh I have. Do you think I'm an idiot?" I said ok sir I'm on my way over I arrived and walked right to the breaker panel and it was all labeled correctly and flipped the breaker back on and everything worked great. I went to wrote up the bill handed it to him and he said are you really going to charge me for a breaker I said yup I certainly am.

Too Hot Call (Memphis,TN)
    Upon arrival the condensing unit was GONE !
    Customer demanded a new one because it had a 10 year warranty.

One of my Techs. Went on a no air flow call yesterday. Pulled fresh 'possum out of the squirrel er 'possum cage. Had to repair the return duct also.

Lol that's a good one. I actually was on my way to another dumb call after I posted the one earlier. Unit had been in since nov. they hasn't really tried to run the ac but I hooked my gauges up and it showed pressure... Well it kept kicking on and off and the pressures weren't doing anything. I was kind of confused anyways they never opened the suction and discharge valve and put freon in the lineset.... Smart guys this company has ill tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bthornton View Post
    Lol that's a good one. I actually was on my way to another dumb call after I posted the one earlier. Unit had been in since nov. they hasn't really tried to run the ac but I hooked my gauges up and it showed pressure... Well it kept kicking on and off and the pressures weren't doing anything. I was kind of confused anyways they never opened the suction and discharge valve and put freon in the lineset.... Smart guys this company has ill tell you.
    Had the exact same call today, suction valve open, liquid valve closed, installer must have just kept dumping gas until suction pressure came up, I took 5lbs out after opening the valve!

Worst part of the job, I was the third technician out to the site to troubleshoot First two spent the morning watching the compressor cycle on and off and adding refrigerant. "Compressor must be bad"

Me; "Do you keep the filter changed?"

Customer; "Filter?"

Customer; "I don't know why- it just hasn't cooled well for a couple days".

Me: "Do you always keep the back door open"?

Customer; "Just for the last couple days cause we are painting the house and I'm keeping the fumes down".

Me; "REALLY"??!!

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1720212223242526272829303132333437 ... LastLast