Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425262730 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crkdbateman View Post
    I had a call awhile back. It was a no heat call, the power switch to the furnace was flipped off. Mom wasn't happy to find her little boy thought it was a light switch!
    Its so easy to blame the kids!!!
    Psalm 51:10, 12

I go out on a no hot water call. Asked the HO if they had a problem with the heat. No problem.
    I find the W/H pilot out. Figuring a bad t-couple I replaced it. While changing the t-couple I rested my hand on the cast aluminum gas cock and the handle snapped off. Great now I have to change the gas cock.
    Lit the pilot. Pilot lites. Burner lites for 2 sec. then goes out as well as pilot.
    Figure gas valve is bad. Call Dispatch and tell her I need a generic W/H gas valve. She calls Rheem the mfr of the W/H and they tell her it would be days before they get one and BTW there is no such thing as a generic w/h gas valve.
    UGGH!
    I know better. I run over to Lowes and pick up a generic w/h gas valve.
    Get back to the home and I need to shut the gas off to the home to replace the gas cock I broke while changing the t-couple as well as the gas valve.
    Walk around back and find a brand new gas meter and the gas shut off to the home.
    Gas company came out the day before and replaced the meter and didn't bother to tell the HO, leave a note or turn the gas back on.
    Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Got a call from an office building that has a little over 40 water source heat pumps and the lady said "every unit in the building has shut down!!" and when I get there they were doing fire shutdown tests..... DUH!

Im like a mushroom, they keep me in the dark and feed me crap.

Cool Doh! chick

No Lie. I had a girlfriend who had a room mate. While just after a summer monsoon in Tempe,AZ lost power due to the storm. She went outside to check the breakers and seeing her neighbors standing in their driveways she turned and said "Are you guys looking for your breaker boxes too?"

Ac leaking water call. Arrived at customers house and she showed me where water was coming out of the ground.
    I dug it up and fixed her waterline anyway.
    A dollars a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicofthis View Post
    Ac leaking water call. Arrived at customers house and she showed me where water was coming out of the ground.
    I dug it up and fixed her waterline anyway.
    A dollars a dollar.
    LOLL, I would do the same.
    wHen I diE I hOpe gOd haS mErcy oN my SiNful LifE

Quote Originally Posted by Crkdbateman View Post
    I had a call awhile back. It was a no heat call, the power switch to the furnace was flipped off. Mom wasn't happy to find her little boy thought it was a light switch!
    On call sat afternoon, n/h call @ t shirt shop, head out upon arrival cracked bleeder tested ignitor no flow. Check tank ...full OK filter strainer blow back the line ,not ta checked coupling ,good shape.OK time to go out to the truck and unleash the parts cannon! One 3450 later n,o flow walk back out to the tank look at the firematice 3/8 flare nut and a snapped piece of 3/8 soft, did I mention this 275 was outside .....they stole it! Hey look at the bright side the did have the curtousy of shuttin off the firematic

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    Went to a rental house no heat and couldn't find anything wrong. Went back again, no problem found. Third time there, customers pissed, running perfectly. After trying to not make myself look too incompetent and explain that there just wasn't anything wrong i could see, as i walked up the stairs i turned off the light switch to the basement and heard the furnace shutoff.....

Some bonehead had wired the furnace into the basement light circuit!
    I've seen this twicw in the last 3 years. STUPID

AC on fire

Got a call one cold morning in Florida panhandle. It was 38 degrees out and a bank manager called me to tell me his AC was on fire. I asked if he called the fire department and he said no. "It starts blowing smoke every 15 minutes or so" he said "then stops". I told him it would go away when the sun warms things up outside and his heat pump stops going into defrost......

Hmmmm....so many to chose from.

Got a call that a entitre K-Mart was cold. 50 degrees. It was January.

Climbed through the roof access and found all 19 package units in " free cool ".

Called the 1 800 # for NOVAR gave them the store number and asked the guy what his ambient rreadings were

73 degrees with 46% RH.......idiot.

I explained it was 48 degrees and misting. It IS January.

He made a correction and 19 units shut their econpmizer dampers and kicked on their gas packs.

I went on one today. An old Scotsman ice machine I nurse quit running, and we got a call to come out. It was unplugged. I told the customer electricity was essential to proper ice production.

Quote Originally Posted by commtech77 View Post
    Hmmmm....so many to chose from.

Got a call that a entitre K-Mart was cold. 50 degrees. It was January.

Climbed through the roof access and found all 19 package units in " free cool ".

Called the 1 800 # for NOVAR gave them the store number and asked the guy what his ambient rreadings were

73 degrees with 46% RH.......idiot.

I explained it was 48 degrees and misting. It IS January.

He made a correction and 19 units shut their econpmizer dampers and kicked on their gas packs.
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    wHen I diE I hOpe gOd haS mErcy oN my SiNful LifE

Many, many years ago, I worked in-house maintenance in a large nursing home & retirement center. It was a hot July day, and all the chillers were going full blast. One woman complained she was cold, so I checked her pneumatic thermostat, and to her credit, she had it set for 80 or so. The room was quite warm & stuffy. Well, she was still cold. She wanted the heat turned on. Since it was a policy that no space heaters were permitted, the management made us start the 100HP firetube boiler, just to heat one room. Lucky we had a 4-pipe system so we could do this.

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425262730 ... LastLast