Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    No cool call and they didn't have an AC...
    No heat and the gas meter locked out for months...
    No cool three years in a row because the only time the filter gets changed is while I'm there. Always a weekend overtime call.

Had one years ago, new immigrants to the US. Had there caliente & frio mixed up.

Middle of the summer and the heat turned up as high as it would go.

got a call no heat... in charlotte, it's a record cold spell around 5below zero... in charlotte, design temp is like 20F... anyway, I go out, and the door opens to let me in, and the heat POURS out of the house, I ask if the heat's been fixed, and she says no, it's freezing in here...

thermostat is turned to the max (mercury stat back in the day) temp in the house... 92F, she's got it on 100 and expects 100 in the house... I adjusted the temp indicator on the stat cover to show 100 and left...
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

another call, I go out on, middle of winter, I go out, and the flame is small, then HUGE, then small,... adjusting regulator, no change... I decide to pull the regulator, but there's no cock, so I head for the meter... no meter, just the gas line connected to a bicycle tube with hose clamps... looked like popeye's arm... I turned it off, and called the gas company... slowly walked to the truck...
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    i remember a not enough heat call on a big shack on the lake. boiler systen running full tilt.

ahh sir i believe its not keeping up because your remodeling your house and two walls and part of the roof is gone and you only have a tarp covering half your house.
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    and then theres the always great " i hope you have a flashlight, theres no electricity in the furnace room!
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

The daughter of a customer who owns 20 or so Taco Bell restaurants calls. PITA customer. A tech had told her a week prior that the t-stat is reading about 1 degree below display temp.
    "Well I have a newborn baby and I need the house temp at 73 degrees or the baby will be too cold"
    "Why don't you turn the t-stat up to 74, and it will be 73 in the house?"
    "I need a new thermostat!"
    The boss had me pick up a stat before I even went on the call. I get there and replace the thermostat. Only problem is she had just spent thousands of dollars having a faux finish painted on the walls and the painters painted around the thermostat rather than pulling it away from the wall and painting behind it.
    "Ma'am, the thermostat you have has been discontinued, and this is the newest version. It's a little smaller than the old one. I can see if I can find a larger one to cover up the unpainted area."
    "Ok, but it needs to be done by tomorrow because I'm going to Florida for 3 months"

Spawned from her mother who wants to run the A/C when outdoor ambient is in the 50's. I quoted her to install a low ambient kit.
    "That's awfully expensive"
    "You could always open your windows."
    That's unacceptable"

These conversations happened years ago and I can remember them as if it were yesterday.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Get called one saturday morning by a freind saying his A/C wasnt working.Him and his son are "electritions" by trade so I arrived and went to condensing unit and shuure enough want running. So I removed the access cover and had no power to the unit. Went to breaker panel and breaker for cond. unit was turned off! Not tripped mind you but just accidentally turned off. Sheez,

2009 no heat gas meater locked. husband said wife pays the bills.2010 no heat gas locked out he tells me wife pays bills.2011 no heat so when i pull in i check the meater befor i knok on the door meater turned on. a girl around 18 lets me in and she tells me this furnace goes out every year my mom always pays the the bills but she has past away 3 years ago.i tell here in the past the gas was locked out by gas company this time its not. let me go see why the furnace is not working. this time no gas found the gas line to the house went bad.

I get a call 3 weeks ago of no heat. I find a furnace that hasn't worked in 2 years, (tenants have been getting by with electric space heaters) and in desperate need of being changed out. I get the approval from the landlord, and schedule the install. I advise the tenants to make sure there is propane in the tank, and that's when I get, 'Oh, we'll have to wait a day or two for hubby to get paid'. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, and their not answering their phone.

More then once I've gone to the wrong address and been let in. One call, they let me in, I cycle the furnace and the motor starts smoking and quits. Lucky it was an apt house and they called the mgr. Whew

we have a lot of Navy guys here. they always think they are smarter then me because there were in the Navy. No disrespect, sir. I got a 99 on your asvab in high school. I fix these things every day. your problem isn't that big of a deal, and no that HD/Lowes stat isn't defective. You either cannot follow written instructions or refuse to. Sir. Mr. Master Chief or whatever.

The reason it won't turn on is you blew a fuse. It is clearly labeled on the schematic you failed to read after you failed to read the wonderful RiteTemp directions. No, the service call is not free and there is a charge for replacing that simple fuse. Yes sir. No I think those tstats are crap. you asked what I thought and I told you. Oh that van out there and these shiney tools, they gave them to me with this mobile phone and told me to go out and drive around and see it I could figure this stuff out. Yup, started doing this yesterday. Pretty cool I figured it out in 2 minutes and just happen to have that Trane buss fuse in my pretty veto bag, eh? Nope never been to a class or read a book, got all my training in the pen. Yup, jail dawg.

Probably not the stupidest, but....... About a month ago, a no cooling "emergency". I found this. Look closely.

Name:  Uh Oh no unit.jpg
Views: 3844
Size:  40.0 KB Name:  Uh Oh no unit 02.jpg
Views: 3760
Size:  63.2 KB
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast