Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast

my ac dont work

This is automotive, but anyways this lady brings in her car and says my ac doesn't work. So I hit the switch and it turns on, I let it run for awhile and it's blowing cold and cycling as normal, so I call her and say I dont find anything wrong, come to find out she did not know that the snowflake button on the dash was the ac on/off switch.Gotta love it.

One I have been to. No Heat call.
    Receptionist, "Did you check your thermostat,customer emergency switch?"
    Customer, "Thermostat is turned up and no one touched the switch?"
    Arrived saw that painters were in the Kitchen where the emergency switch was located. Saw that every outlet and switch cover was removed. Turned customer switch back on.
    Oh look you heat works fine.
    Customer,"Am I going to be charged for this call?"
    Duh!!!
    Stupidity is not a crime, but our time is valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkaiko2002 View Post
    After running around for 40 mins and multiple phone calls to different tech I ask the customer if I can use the phone cause mine was out of battery.
    It didn't occur that there was no lights to use, no digital clock displays, no TV's on?
    Not trying to slam just making common sense observations.

I went to a call, unit was not turning off. Found thermostat set to fan on.

Went to a courtesy call for a old lady who couldnt change her tstat from het to cool. Found it on auto changeover and calling for cooling, turned off and on and still no cool. Told her problem was somewhere else prob outside, customer said it was my fault for messing with tstat , lol. Told her i had to leave for another call, came back later and found high press safety tripped due to a bad cond motor.

A scarey night, smelled odors, a 60% up flow furnace with the blower and burner doors swapped.

In my younger do everything days, Dairy Queen called. The tomato slicer is throwing the slices on the ceiling. 3 phase motor, moved to a different electric outlet.

The AC/Appliance guy across the street said you got to see this! Condensing unit shot with a shot gun. Boy friend was mad, wants to know if he could fix it.

Boss called one day. Said I needed to help one of our techs. Get there and main tech is afraid of rats, and ride along helper on first month are standing around by the fan coil. I gabbed a trash bag like a glove and put the big critter in the trash. Some days it is easy to look great!

for two summers all I did was replace bearings. only the Century motors with undersized bearings came back until 1st year warranty expired. and I did it in less time than our parts chaser takes to go to the parts house today.

Breakers turned off..not tripped just turned off. Quite a few times.

Another that sticks in my mind is a no cooling call. 120v at the condensor and disconnect. Start tracing backwards and find only 120 at the breaker panel as well. I figure its a transformer problem and tell the HO she will need to call the electric company. She seems extremely nervous. I notice the meter has no lock on it. Pull the meter and see that the HO had pulled 3 of the 4 plastic caps off of the meter. She missed one

No heat call. Turn the stat up, furnace begins going through its sequence of operation. Gas valve opens and nothing happens. I didn't smell gas and from past experience I immediately think that the meter has been shut off or pulled. HO assures me they have gas because the furnace had been working that morning. I go check the meter anyway. I find the meter pulled. They used a bicycle inner tube and hose clamps to hook the gas back up LOL. Needless to say that with full utility pressure the inner tube didn't last long. It was split and gas was leaking. I shut the stop valve and filled out my service ticket. They through a fit over the bill because in their words "I didn't fix s$it"

Quote Originally Posted by rookietech311 View Post
    No heat call. Turn the stat up, furnace begins going through its sequence of operation. Gas valve opens and nothing happens. I didn't smell gas and from past experience I immediately think that the meter has been shut off or pulled. HO assures me they have gas because the furnace had been working that morning. I go check the meter anyway. I find the meter pulled. They used a bicycle inner tube and hose clamps to hook the gas back up LOL. Needless to say that with full utility pressure the inner tube didn't last long. It was split and gas was leaking. I shut the stop valve and filled out my service ticket. They through a fit over the bill because in their words "I didn't fix s$it"
    Priceless! They were the one who was using an innertube instead of getting the gas turned back on, but they want to act like YOU'RE a crook!

Quote Originally Posted by rookietech311 View Post
    I thought I was the only one to see something like that...
    see post 17
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast