Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122232427 ... LastLast
    I pulled up to a Chinese Restaraunt to work on a Ice Machine and a worker was hosing down the building. I have to leave to get parts and return 2 hrs later. Same worker standing in the same spot hosing down the building. (I thought he had been washing the walls) I asked him what he was doing. He said it was too hot in the kitchen and he was cooling off the building..

Quote Originally Posted by kaptnkirk View Post
    I pulled up to a Chinese Restaraunt to work on a Ice Machine and a worker was hosing down the building. I have to leave to get parts and return 2 hrs later. Same worker standing in the same spot hosing down the building. (I thought he had been washing the walls) I asked him what he was doing. He said it was too hot in the kitchen and he was cooling off the building..
    That guy is brilliant! I'm gonna steal that. "You guys finish this attic install, I'll stand outside and play with the hose, I mean cool the building."
    Jason

That just reminded me of a call I had at a Chinese restaurant no cooling while I'm working one of the rtu I see the owner a couple units away walk up to my toolbar bag and grab a meter and a wrench out of it. I stop what I'm doing hit the disco on every unit grab my tools go down and tell him to give me back my stuff he plays the language barrier card until he sees I'm getting really mad and gives me my stuff back. He then asks me if the unit is fixed I laughed as I got in my van and drove off
    For some reason I learn more with my mouth shut

i was told by dispatch to go to a business for a no cool. it was a warehouse type building they moved in a few monthes before. it was a rooftop so i get my ladder out climb up there and guess what? whoever owned the building before took the roof top with them.

Went on a no heat call customer put filter in furnace and never removed the plastic wraper

Quote Originally Posted by pmapsa View Post
    Went on a no heat call customer put filter in furnace and never removed the plastic wraper
    I've had that call. Old guy.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

last year I went on an a/c noise complaint. Old lady says when she stands in one particularspot in her kitchen, her a/c sounds like a telephone busy signal. I check out a/c, all is fine. Turns out she just got a new hearing aid. She still thought the noise was from her a/c, and that her husband and I couldnt hear the noise because we didnt have super hearing like her.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca View Post
    last year I went on an a/c noise complaint. Old lady says when she stands in one particularspot in her kitchen, her a/c sounds like a telephone busy signal. I check out a/c, all is fine. Turns out she just got a new hearing aid. She still thought the noise was from her a/c, and that her husband and I couldnt hear the noise because we didnt have super hearing like her.
    Was it this woman?

http://www.kspr.com/news/kspr-ozark-...,5609259.story
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    thats hilarious. some people have nothing to do but find something to complain about. And it usually involves us

Once drove over an hour for this service call and while there another condo owner tells me her a/c is not working properly and tells me its too loud but then let me in her condo and leaves . So i go into her condo do the usual ( discharge temp , checking vibration from blower , superheat and the whole shabang and im starting to think that weirdly enough there is nothing wrong with her system so i get out of her laundry room where the unit is suspended and she gets back so i asked her about what she meant when she said the unit wasnt running properly. Well well here it comes let me say first this is at most 1000 square feet condo and she has a properly sized unit . She proceeded to tell me when she has allday baking session with her friends(all 8 of them )on a hot summer day her a/ c wont shut off for the whole day when they are baking. After i internally laughed my ass off i tried to explain to her that the oven load plus the having 9 people inside such a small place would drive the a/c on most of the day to keep up she told me that was nonsense and was mad i didnt fixed anything. Pfffff people : )

similar issue...

customer wants me to estimate ductwork in 1/2 below grade basement... approx 1800Sq ft....
    one bedroom, one laundry room, small mechanical room, big open room, with twin sliding doors, and a large view of the lake...
    oh, and the 2.5 ton air handler is already in place...
    average number of occupants during cooling load...?
    50... plus hot buffet table...
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

3 times now in the last 5 yrs. i have come across a lo pressure meter with 2 lb gas regin mech room.....original contactor had told gas fitter its gonna be 2 lb...and gas company supplied lo pressure.....and it was comisioned....2 of them were 15 yrs old.....and i am the first guy to figure out problem.....WTF????????

Please, Please Please......keep the Factory Smoke in the Wires!!!!!

Is it Rum'Oclock yet???

recieved call -No Heat- complaint unit could be heard running but not heating- upon arrival and inspection found t-stat in off position with fan switch in on position- quick inspection of unit operation (since I was already there) and politely went over thermostat operation with customer......dumb call

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122232427 ... LastLast