Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cooked View Post
    Probably not the stupidest, but....... About a month ago, a no cooling "emergency". I found this. Look closely.

Attachment 232791 Attachment 232801
    ROTFLMAO

was sent across town on a callback- put 6" pc tape on insulation in basement ceiling. that's it.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

got a call for a "strange smell" coming from the furnace..... found a dead parrot in the ductwork stuck up against the filter..... I took it out and she said she never owned a parrot.... Turns out she bought the house 6 months ago and previous owner lost the bird.....

When mid eff. First came out one call I used to get a lot of was the vendor motor not coming on , it was usually a bird stuck in the wheel.(until code changes required us to install liners).

wasn't a service call, but was so stupid i have to tell it. A HO called today for a price on installing a new furnace he had purchased. I gave him a quote that he liked, but he decided to go with a guy who said he was going to install the unit with an under-sized flue. The HO said he knew the guy was under-sizing, but he was $200.00 cheaper and he was a"good" referral. He said I was a good referral also and I was the only one out of four people to recommend running both pipes outside. AS w were talking on the phone I quickly came to the point of recommending he use the other guy, but check his insurance.

just over a month ago we went on a no heat call and only issue was a plugged air filter. we did a complete service and recommended monthly filter changes.

I went back because "... it is doing the same thing as before. it blows heat for a while then cold air. we have to go and reset it by turning power off and back on."

You guessed it, plugged air filter causing high limit to trip, just like before.

this was a landlord tenant thing. to add to it, the father let me in, he lives next door, was there last time and does the property maintenance.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Plugged air filters... What do people think? I do believe we are living in a place where we don't do any maintenance any more because we are not taught to look out after ourselves...

Yet another $0.02 worth from me...

A dad bird &gerbil in the old furnace offered bitter smile...but how come a newly purchased furnace offers burnt gas smell or an exhust smell off it? which is causing my nose and eyes to burn... this does not happen when the wind is blowing...

I had one years ago. No heat call. They had no gas meter.

I don't know about stupid, but one of the first calls I ran back in the early 80's. It was just to do an inspection on a roof top unit. Put up ladder, walked up to unit, saw the wires hanging out of the disconnect......and a set of automotive battery jumper cables connected straight from the disconnect right to the power line feeding the main panel. Thats right, someone connected them hot to the power line by stripping the insulation off....I went back down the ladder and put it away told the customer i wasn't touching this and left. you can't fix stupid.

no heat call, stat turned off. At least once a winter

Sunway get your installing contractor out promptly that could be a very serious if not DEADLY problem
    Certified,qualified and can do it cause were used to it.

Got a call one night about 12:00 lady says her "system stopped working" I told here the after hours fee she ok'd it, show up at her front door she leads me to the back yard to the pool pump, and says "It stopped working two days ago" I said too bad wheres the ac? She says (But nothings wrong with the ac its the pool pump thats not working).....

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast