Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast
    I got two calls about a month or two apart same home, same problem.

No heat call on a fairly new American Standard 90% furnace, I get there, pressure switch not closing, so I hook up the manometer and vent is blocked. I cut it and looked down it and find her kids(assumed) dumped lava rock into it. I remove the obstruction and test it out all is well. Called a few weeks later, go back same song and dance, but this time they got trickier, MUD! I poke and prod and run water through the drain into a bucket at the other end of the vent and all is well.

I get one or two a year customer has no heat or cooling just bought a new tstat from a box store. Pop goes the fuse they always hook the blue wire to the B terminal. Our buy a h/c stat for a h/p system.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbull40 View Post
    I get one or two a year customer has no heat or cooling just bought a new tstat from a box store. Pop goes the fuse they always hook the blue wire to the B terminal. Our buy a h/c stat for a h/p system.
    Just got back a couple of hours ago on this same call! A couple of new fuses, the old stats are now back up and the new ones are being returned to lowes.

Dumbest for me was a no heat call, the thermostat was in "off" position.
    Was also one of the sadder calls I did. Guy was a good customer in his 80's with Alzheimers coming on.

Got a call today for too much heat. H/o thinks furnace runs too hot, furnace was operating when I arrived. I replaced the mildly dirty filter, verified blower wheel was clean, pulled blower to check secondary hx, no a/c coil to plug, checked heat rise, told h/o all is well. He's still not convinced. Then he tells me there is a basement window that is not properly weatherized, it's allowing cold air seepage. He is certain this window leak (which is so minor it's nearly non-existent, I checked it, and filled the space with silicone per his demand) is making his furnace run too hot. Also, during my testing time I turned the stat up to 80*. He also says this makes the furnace run too hot. I told him it's all running fine and corrected his illogical stat theory. On my way out, he says he's going to call my boss and complain about my terrible service. FML.

Had a customer that said her furnace was shaking really bad when the blower was running. Told her to shut if off asap. So I get out to the house, and sure enough, it was shaking worse than any furnace I had ever seen.

Turns out one of their Gerbils escaped from his cage, got into the bottom of the furnace and mistook the blower wheel for the toy he had at home. It was probably kind of fun....until the the blower motor came on. That was one dead Gerbil!

Quote Originally Posted by kchest4063 View Post
    It was probably kind of fun....until the the blower motor came on. That was one dead Gerbil!
    Kinda like this guy:

Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....

Had a customer that said her furnace was shaking really bad when the blower was running. Told her to shut if off asap. So I get out to the house, and sure enough, it was shaking worse than any furnace I had ever seen.

Turns out one of their Gerbils escaped from his cage, got into the bottom of the furnace and mistook the blower wheel for the toy he had at home. It was probably kind of fun....until the the blower motor came on. That was one dead Gerbil!
    I went on one last winter and pulled a dead bat out of a blower. I was like how the heck did this get in here?

[QUOTE=kchest4063;12280331]Had a customer that said her furnace was shaking really bad when the blower was running. Told her to shut if off asap. So I get out to the house, and sure enough, it was shaking worse than any furnace I had ever seen.[QUOTE]

Had a shaker once, but the blower was off hub ruining the motor and housing, breaking the transformer mountin clip and the rail the blower slides in...
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

"Poor little guy, probably kept up for a mile or so."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LrFEbxWzXI

I had a "noisy blower" call where they changed the filter, and the filter wrapper got sucked into the wheel, through the filter slot. I don't know how he didn't notice.
    Jason

couple years ago major snow storm 2 ft already ten at night get a call no heat and frezing so go out a few miles and walk in to three furnaces and one not working so replace the ignitor and hand him the bill. He walked over and turned the stat down to 55 and shut it down said it is to warm at 60

go back to my van and find the plow burried me in. two hours getting unstuck
    decided to move down here LOL

recieved call for no heat from a new customer. Upon arrival check tstat, stat set for heat. I have customer show me the furnace found several toggle switches on the wall next to furnace ask h/o what the switches are for. He informs me that he has installed tstat in every room and sets switches for the room he is in. Found that he had switch set for another room with tsat turned to off

another call was for no cool walk behind house to the ac customer was having a new roof being installed and had put a tarp over ac to protect it removed tarp and reset high pressure switch all was good

Went on one that had "No Air Conditioning" listed in the complaint section.
    When I got there, it was a very easy diagnosis. There was NO UNIT! Just the concrete pad and ductwork sticking out from under the house.

I called the customer and told her about the problem.
    Her response, "That's what I told your dispatcher - NO Air Conditioner - somebody stole it.

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast