Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Any app that keeps track of hours worked?

I'm trying to find a simple phone app that I can use to keep track of my jobs and hours worked. I'm an HVAC contractor and I work 3-6 jobs per day. The company I work for went paperless and the electronic records don't keep track of hours. So I write it all down to make sure they paid me for everything each week. Just looking for a simple app that I can use to input things like job name, job number, start time, end time, dates, etc. I know I can just write it down in notes but why not get an app if there is one, haha. I've been searching but haven't really found anything I like. Does anyone here use an app to keep track of your hours?

Post Likes
    Thread moved to a better forum for getting help on this question.

Post Likes
    There's a plethora of apps that track not only time but mileage, on the play store.

Sent using crapatalk.
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes
    Write it down as you have been doing... Only takes seconds...but if you insist on doing it the hard way, apps are available.

5. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    What program is being used for the work tickets? I have been paperless for a view years, and I use PDF expert. It works well. You can have a tech weenie format a weekly timesheet for you in a writeable pdf. Thats what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    There's a plethora of apps that track not only time but mileage, on the play store.

Sent using crapatalk.
    I should have mentioned I have an iPhone. I've downloaded at least 20 of them now from the App Store and not a single one is what I'm looking for.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    What program is being used for the work tickets? I have been paperless for a view years, and I use PDF expert. It works well. You can have a tech weenie format a weekly timesheet for you in a writeable pdf. Thats what I did.
    The app is AcoTruck and it integrates with the old ass computer system from the 90s that the company still uses. I believe it is called AcoWin.

Post Likes
    I guess you should have gotten an Android.

Sent using crapatalk.
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

10. Likes Missouri Guy, vin lashon, Jettinvr6sc liked this post
    Post Likes
    I agree...get an android and go from there.

Post Likes
    Why not just use the notes app?
    FWIW - likely way faster to write it out. Just make an excell form for a generic time sheet and print a bunch out.

Post Likes
    I keep a written hard cover log book. Very fast and simple. Much easier to scan back when there are questions from the office.

Got called twice from the office this week, they were trying to figure out where the loose ends were. Even though I inputted the stuff into their program. I flipped through the log book then told them what dates to go look at in their program to see the details. LOL, so much for high tech.

And by the way, that log book comes inside the house with me every night. I never leave it in the truck when I'm not working.

Post Likes
    I use time clock connect. Works pretty good for me. Has places for notes and such and can be viewed online if you set up an account. Think it was a one time fee that wasn't much if I remember rite. Not sure if they have an i-phone app.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joeysmith View Post
    I use time clock connect. Works pretty good for me. Has places for notes and such and can be viewed online if you set up an account. Think it was a one time fee that wasn't much if I remember rite. Not sure if they have an i-phone app.
    You can bet the farm on, if it's anything to do with Apple..your gonna pay for it, and extra for it.

Sent using crapatalk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast