Post Likes

Zoomlock VS. Connex

My sales rep in China just let me know that Connex has developed their own refrigeration press system. Similar to the zoomlock system, which I like btw, the Connex also used a press tool and an O-ring. The fittings look a lot like the viega propress but they are heavier and use a different seal. My sales rep informed me it will use the same tool as the propress but they will make jaws specifically for it. Still that should be a lot cheaper than a completely new tool like zoomlock. The price of the tool was the only reason why I didn't invest in zoomlock.

Here's a link:

http://www.conexbanninger.com.au/why...ange/b-maxipro

Post Likes
    Zoomlock also has jaws that work with propress tools. At least they do if you have a Ridgid or Klauke machine.

If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    Zoomlock also has jaws that work with propress tools. At least they do if you have a Ridgid or Klauke machine.

I heard about that so I called Johnstone. They said the heads would cost around $300 each and they would take a month to get in. So far it doesn't seem like a good option

It's also worth pointing out that the zoomlock fittings are easily 5x more than a brazed fitting. If the tool wasn't so cost prohibitive this may be ok. On the other hand propress fitting are only 2-3x more than solder fittings. Connex may turn out to be a lot more affordable since they are the same style.

Post Likes
    Vulkan lokring is another option...pricey as hell...but in my opinion, i would rather use it than brazing. When you take into account the price of silfos, oxy/ac, fittings (if you're not using a bender or hydro swedge), labor, fire prevention, and just the overall headaches of finding that one bloody pin hole leak...it pretty much equals out. The ease of install, and tool load out weight savings is more than worth it.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I am still waiting. Been brazing since 72, if it ain't broke?

6. Likes Asm Mechanical liked this post
    Post Likes
    Vulcan Lokring sold over 2 Billion fitting worldwide, and they can be installed with a manually operated crimping mechanism besides a power tool. Zoomlock and Connex combined do not come close in fitting sales.
    Last edited by Bazooka Joey; 06-01-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Post Likes
    what about the Milwaukee?

Post Likes
    a zoomlock 3/4 90 costs about $20. How much would a lokring 3/4 90 cost?