Purchasing Trane equipment without being a dealer

I'm just starting my business. Trane states that there is a vetting process of a few months before they will accept you as a dealer. Is there a way to purchase Trane equipment without being a dealer? Some customers ask for particular brands. I think gemaire sells American Standard. I don't think I can get Trane equipment from Trane Supply. I think they sell Ameristar.

Quote Originally Posted by dave r View Post
    Is there a way to purchase Trane equipment without being a dealer?
    Probably not...leastways not in a fashion you'd want to pursue.

I think gemaire sells American Standard.
    Early on, I wanted to offer Trane, and the local distributor didn't want my money either. The American Standard dealer was of a different persuasion, and welcomed the opportunity to sell me their products.

Still, the equipment doesn't have the "Trane" emblem and some retail folks can't be convinced otherwise.

I'm just starting my business. Trane states that there is a vetting process of a few months before they will accept you as a dealer.
    Vetting? Never heard it put quite like that. I'm guessing it means, gaining confidence that you: 1) Will pay the account by the 10th and 2) Can proficiently install, commission and diagnose their equipment. When first starting out, there's not much career/business "history" available, for distributors to research.

I know for a fact, Trane Corp likes to see "NATE Certified" dealers...if you're not, you might want to consider it.

Purchasing Trane equipment without being a dealer

I can buy Trane anytime but they just won't sell me the top of the line equipment, well unless I ask my friend that works there and I have a couple times. I don't sell enough Trane to fool with selling the top of the line stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". -Vernon Law-

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

"To face tragedy is the greatest challenge; to overcome tragedy is the greatest success" -Ranal Currie-

I'm just starting my business. Trane states that there is a vetting process of a few months before they will accept you as a dealer. Is there a way to purchase Trane equipment without being a dealer? Some customers ask for particular brands. I think gemaire sells American Standard. I don't think I can get Trane equipment from Trane Supply. I think they sell Ameristar.
    Ideas- your customer read http://www.angieslist.com/articles/d...vac-brands.htm - Buy on-line -----Buy through a friend

Find a Distributer that will work with you and be there to help you not one that thinks they're crap smells of roses.

Sell yourself, not a brand name. A good many of my sales calls the customer never even asks what brand they're getting, they just trust that I'm doing what's best for them because that's truly what I'm trying to do.

You and i think alike i do the same thing.
    you can buy or sell any brand but its only as good as the installer

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Find a Distributer that will work with you and be there to help you not one that thinks they're crap smells of roses.

Sell yourself, not a brand name. A good many of my sales calls the customer never even asks what brand they're getting, they just trust that I'm doing what's best for them because that's truly what I'm trying to do.

^^^^^THIS ^^^^^

When I started I went to all the distributors in my area. As above, Trane distributor thought their units were gold plated.

Carrier distributor set me up and I have always had good service and support from them for the last 14 years.

I "dabbled" with goodman distributor on units for cheap customers, till local distributor screwed me on a doa unit. (told me just to fix it, as thats what my first year warranty was for)

When you just start out, you have to do what you have to do.....In my experience, I quit trying to quote units from distributors I don't have a great relationship with. I just sell what I have and my primary sales tactic is don't slam other brands- I just tell the customer I only quote this brand because the local distributor takes care of me and their products.

And I give the example:

1.DOA Goodman unit-I was told to fix it myself!

2. Carrier DOA unit-we will have a new one sitting on the dock for you.
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post

When you get what brand the customer wants... you are gonna get in a bidding war... and everyone looses.

Pick a brand based on customer service TO YOU from the distributor...
    Then sell the benefits of YOUR COMPANY to the customer.

Might read the link above in post #4... Explain to the customer about the 60-something brands, made by 7 manufacturers, with the same parts inside.
    Then explain how installation is more important than brand.

Honestly... if the customer is not impressed with the these two items... I would give them a high price... send them on their way... and concentrate on a customer that I will make $$$ on. Seriously... the whiners are the ones you will do lots of call backs on... and they will not be because of your issues... the call backs will be their whining.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Talked to someone at the supply house last week, he said Trane heat pump coils failed even up to LAST YEAR within 200 days of install 80%. These were the aluminum.

Rheem, Ruud, Comfortmaker.....you need whatever local distributor has your back.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir View Post
    Talked to someone at the supply house last week, he said Trane heat pump coils failed even up to LAST YEAR within 200 days of install 80%. These were the aluminum.

Rheem, Ruud, Comfortmaker.....you need whatever local distributor has your back.

^ ^ ^ THIS ^ ^ ^

In my case, my primary line is AlliedAir (www.alliedair.com)
    A wholly owned part of Lennox... the long and short is... one is getting Lennox without paying for the name nor the advertising.

There is VALUE for the customer in getting a name brand unit without paying for the name.

Sell yourself as VALUE for the customer... they always like that.
    And the ones that are more interested in low price than value... well thank them for their time and walk away.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

The only one GOOD thing Trane/America Standard has over it's competition is the Spine Fin Coil in their condensing units. I can't remember EVER finding a leak in one of those. I believe that concept came from GE and not Trane. Ohh... and the Climatuff reciprocating compressor routes it's discharge line through the compressors over sized sump.