Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Nest on Daikin inverter instead of Comfortnet?

The Daikin inverter air conditioner uses Comfortnet. Can that be changed to a Nest thermostat? I heard only Comfortnet can run the Daikin inverter. This can't be true can it? Has anybody installed a Nest on a Daikin inverter system?

Post Likes

OMG I cant breathe...

im choking on my coffee...

(sorry, not sorry)
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Envi

Post Likes
    Even if it does work, you'll lose ALL of the capabilities of the Daikin inverter. It'll become a straight AC.

It's related to this post:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....et-losing-time
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Yep. I’ve only used the ctk-04 with those systems

6. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Besides it ending up straight air, a nest is probability the worst t-stat you could put on any system IMO, I am not a fan of the Nest.

8. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassel8 View Post
    Besides it ending up straight air, a nest is probability the worst t-stat you could put on any system IMO, I am not a fan of the Nest.
    Be prepared for a "dislike"

10. Likes kdean1 liked this post
    Post Likes
    If you want the Daikin to work like it's supposed too you have to use the comfortnet thermostat. Period. From what I remember on the Daikin inverters I've put in they won't work with anything else. No legacy support at all. They will not start up without the comfornet stat. Sorry

12. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Be prepared for a "dislike"
    The things never seem to work well for me, the motion sensor always detects pets and messes up the "learning", they never seem to work well on zone systems, I don't like that they don't have terminals for out door sensors and rely on internet temps for dual fuel applications. Granted its been a long time since I put one in, maybe Nest fixed these things? I haven't checked in a while though.

14. Likes viceman liked this post
    Post Likes
    There's many many "Nest is POO" comments by me on here in multitudes of threads. I have one dedicated thread on it and in it I address the problem of wagging dog tails.

Google has not really fixed any of the problems of compatibility or "power stealing". Even with a C wire. They're a little better, but not much.

Post Likes
    I just want to congratulate you for choosing Daikin.

Post Likes
    If you have an outdoor unit that has a Daikin inverter compressor in it...the ONLY thermostat that will work currently is the CTK04...period...
    I need a new signature.....

18. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    OMG...you risk takers... telling him NO NEST! holy crap...

20. Likes kdean1 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast