Post Likes

New inverter systems

It appears that with the new inverter system the manufacturers are coming out with is going to make our jobs harder. The inverter boards are specific. No longer will we be able to do service calls with one trip. We can't stock all the boards on our vans thus we will end up having to order them. It is going to be difficult to tell the clients that we have to order parts and they will be without their system operating for a day to two days. And just wait until these boards go out of warranty. $$$$$
    Doug

Post Likes
    You got it. Certainly gonna be that way with inverter outdoor unit, a lot of higher end 1 and 2 stage units will to though may be able to wire around a board temporarily to get cool on.

3. Likes HeatenCoolair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Isn't that already the case with many brands already?

Most, if not all ductless units and as BaldLoonie said the higher end inverter units, like Carrier's VNA units and maybe Lennox XP-25.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

5. Likes HeatenCoolair liked this post
    Post Likes
    In the case of a single head mini split a portable air conditioner may suffice to satisfy the customer while parts are being ordered. Hopefully as these products become more widely accepted and more are installed the parts availability will increase. I don't mind running ton the part store to get a part. Although the office doesn't understand some calls just take longer. Until then.........

Post Likes
    Inverter has been around at least 10 years now? Where have you been hiding?

Post Likes
    I don't mind going to the parts house to grab a part, I just don't want to have to explain that it's a factory order and it'll be 2 weeks before I can get it fixed. I've installed several and knock on wood have had virtually no problems. I did have a Nordyne IQ drive when they first came out with a bad vs condenser fan motor at start up. They overnighted me the motor so it wasn't that big of a deal. That was I think ~6 years ago. I've never had the first service call out of it, I just change the media filter once a year and check operation.