Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have a brand new YJ 69075. Should I sell it and get a BlueVac?

Yes, I will give you 20.00 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoolair View Post
    Yes, I will give you 20.00 for it.

I wouldn't sell it unless you could get all your money back. I have only used it twice and it seems to work good but kind of sux it only came with a male fitting so I cant screw it to my valve core tool without using a hose.

I also bought my bluevac from trutech and am enjoying it. I will be buying another one as a spare in the spring.
    I am a happy person,
    Most of my tools are from trutech, Great guys and good tools..
    Ride hard on a Harley!!

Quote Originally Posted by dcoolair View Post
    I wouldn't sell it unless you could get all your money back. I have only used it twice and it seems to work good but kind of sux it only came with a male fitting so I cant screw it to my valve core tool without using a hose.
    I could probably get most of my money back. It was only used one time and is still in the original box. I'm just wondering if the Bluevac is that much better and worth the trouble to try and sell the YJ or just keep the YJ till it dies and then get a BV.

I dont know that its that much better but I like that I can calibrate it in the freezer when the time comes. I got the cheaper 179.00 version. Dont need the fancy timer and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Thanks for your purchase and your kind comments, 71chops. I hope you enjoy it. If you have any problems please let me know!
    Joeyd, question I bought a Testo 557 with hoses and the BluVac Digital Micron Gauge last year in September and it was sitting all winter in my basement then I pulled it out for this season to use and when I am pulling it in the Vacuum, and close the ball valve on the hose the micron gauge jumos from 400 microns to HI-P (lost vacuum). Is there anything you can do to assist me
    I bought my stuff from Trutech tools

Thanks
    Ride hard on a Harley!!

Quote Originally Posted by merlin73 View Post
    Joeyd, question I bought a Testo 557 with hoses and the BluVac Digital Micron Gauge last year in September and it was sitting all winter in my basement then I pulled it out for this season to use and when I am pulling it in the Vacuum, and close the ball valve on the hose the micron gauge jumos from 400 microns to HI-P (lost vacuum). Is there anything you can do to assist me
    I bought my stuff from Trutech tools

Thanks
    Normally, if your just trying to pull and hold a vacuum on a short length of hose (with no large volume attached), you will not be able to hold a deep vacuum for a long time. Since the internal volume of the hose is so small, even the smallest of leaks will quickly raise the pressure.

OTOH, you say you could only pull to 400 microns while the pump is on. Usually, a decent pump with new oil should allow you to pull well less than 100 microns. So, it sounds like you have a rather large leak in your setup somewhere.

I would start by hooking the BluVac directly to your pump with the shortest hose possible (or a brass fitting) and no valves. See how deep your pump can pull (disconnect BluVac prior to turning off pump, or you might wind up needing to clean it!). Then start adding back hardware till you're back up to 400 microns. Then you'll know where the leak is.

At lot of guys here have also solved similar problems. I'm sure they can help you as well.

Thanks I will try it and get back to you, I know with out the micron gauge, I pressurized the system to 200 psi and let it sit for 2 hours whille doing other things and came back and was still on 200 psi. It is only when i isolate the micron gauge is when i loose the vacuum. What I did was put the red and blue hose on the minisplit and the yellow hose has the micron gauge and the black hose to the pump. when the ball valve to the micron gauge (yellow hose) is shut off is when the vacuum is lost.
    Ride hard on a Harley!!

Sorry i am using the Yellow Jacket Bullet vacuum pump with it.
    Ride hard on a Harley!!

i like big thermistors with calibration capability.

If you have a short hose with ball valve I've seen the valve keep a pocket of air trapped and by closing it the air will release..... the BluVac will show it instantly. Its an insane gauge.....Freaky Fast
    Also is the ball valve vacuum rated?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast