Thread: DHR Mechanical

DHR Mechanical

Any of you guys know DHR Mechanical?

The company I work for (who says we are not making enough profit to make our margins) has decided to expand into new states in which we have no customers or employes.

So they bought a local company instead "DHR Mechanical"

Apparently they service supermarkets in Atlanta, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina & Virginia.

Arrow

they are a HillPhoenix Dealer too

http://www.dhrmechanical.com/

Mike
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

I don't understand that thought process?? We're not making enough money, so let's expand our territory and buy another company! Maybe they should fix the reason for not making money first.

i totally understand it, we are not making money how we do it so lets buy someone who does do it right! the problems wont come until the parent company wants to force their rules haha

for groth its easier to take over than to build a lot of the times
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

She was just bought out by the source refrigeration hvac there in woodstock ga and take care of little dive supermarkets

Nick, if you work at DHR..you have my sincere condolences. Source will ruin your passion for refrigeration.

No I don't I work for hussmann services Atlanta branch

Quote Originally Posted by nickhussmann1 View Post
    No I don't I work for hussmann services Atlanta branch
    How's this going for you? Did you move from the Trane building yet? A lot branches that way were closed. In the West, Seattle, Denver and Vegas are gone. I think Portland as well.

About Source, it's love-hate. The best training, the brightest JM to bounce stuff off of and the latest technology being installed.
    Then there is the constant 80+ weeks, travel, politics and the f-ing MAC. The JM would get chewed for a ladder of mistakes allowed by the numerous level 1-3 guys left alone that could care less.
    All that said, I'd go back.

they have made a lot of changes in the last 1 1/2 years. a bunch of their top end guys are just waiting for a phone call to leave.

They just re-signed Kroger in SoCal for another year...I had phone calls from several Source guys who are actually depressed that they are now stuck at Source for at least another year...that's not a good sign.

I was lucky enough to get out

I worked for them for a while, seemed ok, typical SuperMarket Refrigeration Co. lots of hours. The installs I saw seemed to be decent quality. The dude that ran the Refrigeration side was nice enough ( cannot recall his name ). I left them for an offer locally or I would probably still be there.
    " If its Tourist Season, why cant we shoot them?"

Quote Originally Posted by smilies View Post
    About Source, it's love-hate. The best training, the brightest JM to bounce stuff off of and the latest technology being installed.
    Then there is the constant 80+ weeks, travel, politics and the f-ing MAC. The JM would get chewed for a ladder of mistakes allowed by the numerous level 1-3 guys left alone that could care less.
    All that said, I'd go back.
    Did you really say the best training??