Thread: water feeder

water feeder

Is there any way to tell if a water feeder is stuck open allowing water to fill the boiler? I had a call today where the boiler relief valve had blown. When i fired up boiler burners ignited, extrol tank was operating properly and temp and pressure were in range.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac2379 View Post
    Is there any way to tell if a water feeder is stuck open allowing water to fill the boiler? I had a call today where the boiler relief valve had blown. When i fired up boiler burners ignited, extrol tank was operating properly and temp and pressure were in range.
    Try using a stethoscope and turn water feed off and wait a short time and turn back on.

must b a slow fill if ur breaking out dr tools lol

i've had the quick fill not shut all the way which would slowly fill it up. i put my ear to the fill pipe and listen. may need a stethoscope.

what type of pump or setup are they using?

if you have a high head pump thats pumping into the boiler with zone valves, and only one zone is calling you may be able to get the pressure up the 30 and blow the relief.

how did you test the compression tank? is the pressure in the diaphram set to the system pressure?

are you pumping into the compression tank or away from it?