Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I agree, that does look like a Goodman. York used to make the Xenon brand and there is a York package unit on that same page, so they most likely just got confused.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I remember their SOLITAIRE line back in the days at CSG
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Well the owners XENON is still down from yesterday. Service manager has had me looking for any company that carries YORK parts to see if they can match up the venter motor.
    I told him this was a good learning tool for the owner of the company that we can't service what we sell. The service manager is flipping out and calling other service company's to see if they can help.

Peter

Is there a part number on the inducer.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by ptemko View Post
    Well the owners XENON is still down from yesterday. Service manager has had me looking for any company that carries YORK parts to see if they can match up the venter motor.
    I told him this was a good learning tool for the owner of the company that we can't service what we sell. The service manager is flipping out and calling other service company's to see if they can help.

Peter
    Why is is so difficult finding a York part?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

The supply house's are not open on weekends yet alone a long weekend. We are a Goodman install dealer under the One Hour name. The XENON is not what we install everyday. The owner has the top of the line XENON total package. He is now seeing what the on call tech's go through with customers on weekends as far as getting parts. It is a nice day out and the supply house has a emergency number and they are not answering their phone. Their idea of a emergency compare to a homeowners are two different things. I am looking at it as we should have the parts to back up what we install and sell. This has been a ongoing thing with this company we are getting bigger every year and they keep taking stock out of the trucks because of over head

The XENON model #XYF9V080CU4-AA

Not sure of the part number for the venter motor.

Peter

If the tech would have gotten the part number.
    A York distributor could have used that, and good chance it would have been a stock part.
    Contractor locator map

I told the service manager to go and pull the motor and take it with him in his quest to find a part on this long Easter weekend.
    I heard back from him and everyplace he phoned he could not find one. I guess the owner will have to wait until the supply house that deals with XENON opens on Monday. Then maybe he would give the parts manager the ok to stock some parts instead of this crap on weekends. That is all we do is run to and order parts rather than carry them in the truck or shop. It not only piss's off the customer but the tech's get dumped on as well. Hows this "what do you mean you don't carry parts for the new Furnace and AC you installed last week that I paid $xx,xxx for." That always goes over well.

Peter

LOL.

You might be stocking parts after this.
    Contractor locator map

York factory just now told me they build the Xenon under national accounts. His information was sketchy since national accounts was not available. He did say if they built it they will warranty it. The serial number should show in "warranty verification".
    Larger Duct, Larger Duct, More Air, More Air
    READ THE MANUAL
    What if I train them and they leave?
    What if you Don't train them and they Stay!
    DSG member

I just had a contractor propose Xenon equipment. He said it was made by Amana. Does anyone have experience with this brand? They also sell Carrier but said it would be about 30% more expensive than the Xenon.

Could Xenon vary from one area to another? I ask because we recently went through the Airtime 500 sales pitch and the equipment they showed us was no doubt repackaged York stuff.

In reality Gary, the brand isnt as important as the installers. Good installers that pay attention to the details can install any brand and have it give decent service. Obviously, just like cars, different brands have different features that might make them more appealing for one reason or another. Compare the SEER, EER, HSFP and nominal btus's of the two systems you are comparing. One might be worth the 30% difference. We can't say without model numbers to know exactly what we are comparing.

The proposal was for a Xenon ASX140361, 14 SEER, 3 ton cond with a Xenon CAPF3636C6 coil. I could also upgrade to a 14 SEER heat pump for $XXX more. I could find any specs on their web site. If I knew the equivalent Amana unit maybe I could use the specs for that. Or maybe it's York???

I'm leary of an uncommon brand name. This started with the fact that I couldn't get the specs for the units on the Xenon web site. Suppose this contractor goes out of business or switches brands in 5 years, who would I get for service and parts? I've seen posts on other forums where guys are trying to figure out where to get parts for Xenon. I think this is complicated by the fact that Xenon seems to have switched from York to Amana manufactured units (or is it the other way around, or is it both?). This particular dealer has been with Carrier for many years and that's really their main business, but the rep said they offer Xenon as a lower-cost option and a comparable Carrier system for this house would be about 30% more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast