Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 42

Thread: Job Rates

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    80

    Job Rates

    Im a journeyman in the UA in Florida. Rate is $26.61. Was wandering what it was in Boston where I'm from.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,185
    A good non union tech gets that amount here.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by chr358 View Post
    Im a journeyman in the UA in Florida. Rate is $26.61. Was wandering what it was in Boston where I'm from.
    I recall being in a course with a guy from Boston, UA rate there was around 45ish
    We are 42 here in Ontario UA

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    32

    ua pay

    In boston a good non union boston co pays 35 plus an hour the union pay is more than that dont know exact pay but willing to bet over 60 an hours. i'm currently at 37 an hour non union light commercial and residental.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    354
    If you're in the union...can't you just call them up and ask?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by fv_tom View Post
    If you're in the union...can't you just call them up and ask?
    Yes you can. Here is the phone number:

    Pipefitters Local Union 537
    617-787-5370

    Easily looked it up on the UA's website.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by chr358 View Post
    Im a journeyman in the UA in Florida. Rate is $26.61. Was wandering what it was in Boston where I'm from.
    wow, that's low..is that resi? com/indu here is almost $42

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmech View Post
    wow, that's low..is that resi? com/indu here is almost $42
    That sounds low unless it is North Florida. Down here in Miami scale is $32.60

  9. #9
    Sorry to hijack, but I'm wondering what the rates are like for upstate NY. UA Local 7, is what I'm aiming for right now. Can i call them and ask them? How much do they usually take out for benefits and 401k?

    Edit** I did read your post where you said you could call, but, im not sure if you have to be in a union like the previous poster had asked.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    9,441
    Keep in mind...that comparing pay rates across states and regions doesn't really tell you much.

    It's a matter of what you make, in relation to the cost of living in your area.

    I can take any house in my region (North Texas) and it would cost double-plus in my old stomping grounds of Suburban Chicago.

    But, my pay wouldn't likely be double-plus...
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale Fl
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by chr358 View Post
    Im a journeyman in the UA in Florida. Rate is $26.61. Was wandering what it was in Boston where I'm from.
    That's 630 or w/e they are up in west palm beach

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    Keep in mind...that comparing pay rates across states and regions doesn't really tell you much.

    It's a matter of what you make, in relation to the cost of living in your area.

    I can take any house in my region (North Texas) and it would cost double-plus in my old stomping grounds of Suburban Chicago.

    But, my pay wouldn't likely be double-plus...
    it could be relative to living costs and maybe not, supply and demand is what creates a certain wage many times.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePipeMan View Post
    Sorry to hijack, but I'm wondering what the rates are like for upstate NY. UA Local 7, is what I'm aiming for right now. Can i call them and ask them? How much do they usually take out for benefits and 401k?

    Edit** I did read your post where you said you could call, but, im not sure if you have to be in a union like the previous poster had asked.
    I don't think you have to be a union member to call over and ask what the pay scale is, give it a shot.

    With a union, your pay scale is your take home pay. Pension and insurance is payed by the contractor above your take home pay.

    Example:

    Take home pay is $48 hour. But you also get $8 hour payed into your pension and another $4 hour payed into your health care/ dental insurance. So your total hourly wage is $60/ hour, but you only take home $48.

    One of the benefits of being union!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event