Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Job Rates

Job Rates

Im a journeyman in the UA in Florida. Rate is $26.61. Was wandering what it was in Boston where I'm from.

A good non union tech gets that amount here.

Quote Originally Posted by chr358 View Post
    Im a journeyman in the UA in Florida. Rate is $26.61. Was wandering what it was in Boston where I'm from.
    I recall being in a course with a guy from Boston, UA rate there was around 45ish
    We are 42 here in Ontario UA

ua pay

In boston a good non union boston co pays 35 plus an hour the union pay is more than that dont know exact pay but willing to bet over 60 an hours. i'm currently at 37 an hour non union light commercial and residental.

If you're in the union...can't you just call them up and ask?

Quote Originally Posted by fv_tom View Post
    If you're in the union...can't you just call them up and ask?
    Yes you can. Here is the phone number:

Pipefitters Local Union 537
    617-787-5370

Easily looked it up on the UA's website.

wow, that's low..is that resi? com/indu here is almost $42

Quote Originally Posted by jrmech View Post
    wow, that's low..is that resi? com/indu here is almost $42
    That sounds low unless it is North Florida. Down here in Miami scale is $32.60

Sorry to hijack, but I'm wondering what the rates are like for upstate NY. UA Local 7, is what I'm aiming for right now. Can i call them and ask them? How much do they usually take out for benefits and 401k?

Edit** I did read your post where you said you could call, but, im not sure if you have to be in a union like the previous poster had asked.

Keep in mind...that comparing pay rates across states and regions doesn't really tell you much.

It's a matter of what you make, in relation to the cost of living in your area.

I can take any house in my region (North Texas) and it would cost double-plus in my old stomping grounds of Suburban Chicago.

But, my pay wouldn't likely be double-plus...
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

That's 630 or w/e they are up in west palm beach

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    Keep in mind...that comparing pay rates across states and regions doesn't really tell you much.

It's a matter of what you make, in relation to the cost of living in your area.

I can take any house in my region (North Texas) and it would cost double-plus in my old stomping grounds of Suburban Chicago.

But, my pay wouldn't likely be double-plus...
    it could be relative to living costs and maybe not, supply and demand is what creates a certain wage many times.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePipeMan View Post
    Sorry to hijack, but I'm wondering what the rates are like for upstate NY. UA Local 7, is what I'm aiming for right now. Can i call them and ask them? How much do they usually take out for benefits and 401k?

Edit** I did read your post where you said you could call, but, im not sure if you have to be in a union like the previous poster had asked.
    I don't think you have to be a union member to call over and ask what the pay scale is, give it a shot.

With a union, your pay scale is your take home pay. Pension and insurance is payed by the contractor above your take home pay.

Example:

Take home pay is $48 hour. But you also get $8 hour payed into your pension and another $4 hour payed into your health care/ dental insurance. So your total hourly wage is $60/ hour, but you only take home $48.

One of the benefits of being union!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast