The business of food service equipment - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by EjBreeze View Post
    You my man should work for yourself. You will blow the competition away. This is the way I have been running my business for 23 years. Try asking a Hobart, GCS, or a Service Solutions man to change a ballast. You'll hear them laughing all the way to the back door. If there was enough guys like you and me and the customers knew their was life after warranty these other companies would be out of business. Warranty gets them in the door but the smart operators don't keep them after it expires.
    I worked for Hobart for seven years, and I always did everything I could for the customer while I was onsite. And yes I've changed many ballast. Replaced ceiling tiles, replaced T&S valve cartridges, one time I even replaced the heater in the lobby of a Ruby Tuesday. Many hobart offices are independently owned, and different "owners" have different priorities on what they are willing to do at a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by nchvac View Post
    And where do you get your parts?
    I use Allpoints for most of my hot side parts. I use Case Parts for most of my cold side parts that have to be ordered. I also have accounts with two local refrigeration supply houses, where I get my refrigerant, driers, and other common everyday type of items.

Quote Originally Posted by austinsaysay View Post
    Just keep in mind that everything is essentially a switch and a light bulb.
    This is what I teach to every new tech.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234