Thread: Payne?

Payne?

I just wanted to say that I have successfully installed hundreds of Payne brand systems over the last few years, for the budget minded HO's. Prior to switching to Payne, I sold Goodman for my low end customers. Goodman was a constant headache with repeated breakdowns and excessive warranty calls. Since the switch, maybe a handful of warranty calls. Brand does matter, when all other variables are equal, as in quality of installation, adequate ductwork, proper sizing, etc. I just have a hard time agreeing with some of the other pro's on here as far as the equipment doesn't matter mantra. I'm not comparing the high end stuff either. Just the builder grade model. Do you agree?

your asking if we agree with you but, as you stated everyone on here already said brand doesnt matter but the install is important. i also agree that install is more imporant then brand. i have failures on all make and model. it seems that the perfect installs and jobs with PM policies seem to not have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyrollin View Post
    I just wanted to say that I have successfully installed hundreds of Payne brand systems over the last few years, for the budget minded HO's. Prior to switching to Payne, I sold Goodman for my low end customers. Goodman was a constant headache with repeated breakdowns and excessive warranty calls. Since the switch, maybe a handful of warranty calls. Brand does matter, when all other variables are equal, as in quality of installation, adequate ductwork, proper sizing, etc. I just have a hard time agreeing with some of the other pro's on here as far as the equipment doesn't matter mantra. I'm not comparing the high end stuff either. Just the builder grade model. Do you agree?
    I will agree with you, as some brands suck and it's not only low end

Wink

I agree with you, brand does matter. I think the pro's giving advise on this web site want the customer to understand, "dont just by equipment on brand name and assume your getting a good installation". Besides, if this site became a Carrier, Trane, Lennox, ect... site, you would be limmiting this sites marketabillity.

I've used Payne equipment for over 20 years with no serious problems ever. Also been using Goodman for about the last 4 years with the same success.

Good equipment installed well.... is better than low end equipment being installed well.

So brand does matter. But only if installed well.
    It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.

~Albert Camus

I love Goodman & Payne. They both give me me large $$ in repair. Good, fair, lousy install, Ruud just keeps on chuglin.
    There is no bad beer, some just taste better than others.

I like Carrier and the other tags under the Carrier banner because I couldn't of come up with this; A Bryant is a Payne Day & Night and if it don't run you can always Carrier.

You also have to look at the LOCAL big picture also, goodman,janitrol distributor support in my area sucks (last time I installed a goodman I am glad the homeowner wasn't home when I brazed the leaks in their new condenser---which the local distributor told me "that's what your first year labor warranty is for"-- I don't think so) while Payne/Carrier/Bryant is right there when you have problems with their products......