+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HVACR companies using a regular electrician

Post Likes

Cool HVACR companies using a regular electrician

I own a small electrical company, and have been on the hunt for some smaller HVAC guys to team up with. I am a contractor for Sear's doing their change outs, but I obviously share these jobs with many other electrical contractors and would like to get in with one or two small HVAC shops. I'd be interested in doing work with some Refridgeration guys too, if there are any here to give some good advice on what sort of electrical equipment you guys typically need installed.

I am not looking specifically for other business owners from my area here (I'm not against it though..), but I am looking for some advice on what you guys needed from your EC's and how you guys teamed up. Thxs.

Post Likes
    What part of NC are you located? Have a lot of customers going from oil and gas to heatpump. Most of the time this requires a service upgrade. Always looking for good contractor's to swap referral's with.

Post Likes
    Fayetteville. Of course I work in all the surrounding counties. If your within 50 miles of me I be happy to swap info, only on rare ocassions do I travel further than that though.
    Last edited by MHElectric; 12-14-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Post Likes
    I am located in Concord, outside of Charlotte. We only service 20 mile area, around Concord. Visit some of the HVAC guys in your area, some of them will work with you.

Post Likes
    These are a few things I consider in partnering up with a sub .

Obviously having the knowledge to complete the task at hand.

Being reliable and able to staff the project as needed.

Being able to overcome obsticles as they arise during time constrained change-out.

Working as a team member.

Compatability with those you will be working with.

The equip. you may encounter could be anywhere from a line voltage fan speed controller to VFDs , ductless splits to high voltage chillers and everthing in between .

This comming from a full service Commercial Mech. contractor

edit: as I have 7 thumbs

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGF View Post
    These are a few things I consider in partnering up with a sub .

Obviously having the knowledge to complete the task at hand.

Being reliable and able to staff the project as needed.

Being able to overcome obsticles as they arise during time constrained change-out.

Working as a team member.

Compatability with those you will be working with.

The equip. you may encounter could be anywhere from a line voltage fan speed controller to VFDs , ductless splits to high voltage chillers and everthing in between .

This comming from a full service Commercial Mech. contractor

edit: as I have 7 thumbs
    Yeah?........Thats a bit more than I'm looking to keep up with. I'm looking for the boys that are doing change-outs, mini splits, small strip mall stuff, and maybe some small restruant/grocery store equipment. I'm only a two man company, anything more than this would be too much....heck, even this might be too much if I found a busy shop to follow.

Other than big commercial hvac equipment which I did for a former employer, the only resi/small comm. hvac stuf I've done was for Sears, and most of that is just reconnects and changing breakers. I know most of you need panel upgrades when you change people's systems around, and maybe a 240v circuit for a mini split, what else do you guys need electricians for other than a this? (I know good and well all of you do your re-connects yourself). I ask so I have a better idea of what I'd need to be set up to handle.

Post Likes
    From an electrical standpoint the majority of changeouts wouldn't require more than 1-2 electricians no matter what the size of equip.

A good gig for a small electrical company can be providing conduit ,wiring and cabling for controls systems for HVAC contractors and the local manufacturers service/projects groups.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGF View Post
    From an electrical standpoint the majority of changeouts wouldn't require more than 1-2 electricians no matter what the size of equip.

A good gig for a small electrical company can be providing conduit ,wiring and cabling for controls systems for HVAC contractors and the local manufacturers service/projects groups.
    Thanks!! Thats good advice, and appreciated.

Any frigeration guys here with input about their electrical needs?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in