+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mitsubishi or Fujitsu

Post Likes

Mitsubishi or Fujitsu

I have been asked to bid on four multi-zone ductless system for a small dormitory. I have installed numerous Mitsubishi systems and I have a good opinion of that equipment. The primary difference between Mitsubishi and Fujitsu for this application is that Fujitsu needs circuits for every three indoor units on the 8:1 systems whereas Mitsubishi only needs a circuit to the outdoor unit.

Are there any other differences that I should consider?
    What would be your preference if faced with the same choice?

Post Likes
    Which one are you more comfortable servicing? That's who I'd go with. We don't have any training on the fujitsu units, but we're the only diamond dealer in our area for the mitsubishi's.

Post Likes
    I have more experience with Mitsubishi although we have installed a couple Fujitsu at customer's request. For that reason I am more comfortable with Mitsubishi.
    But one of the deciders in this case has a bias toward Fujitsu.

Post Likes
    I have experience with one Fujitsu system. It has not been dependable, parts are difficult to get as supplier does not stock much if anything at all, and Fujistu tech service is very hit and miss. It all depends upon who answers their phone.
    Doug

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I have experience with one Fujitsu system. It has not been dependable, parts are difficult to get as supplier does not stock much if anything at all, and Fujistu tech service is very hit and miss. It all depends upon who answers their phone.
    i disagree ... they flat out SUCK ... if they stood behind their product a little better & offered real support id recommend their stuff

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    i disagree ... they flat out SUCK ... if they stood behind their product a little better & offered real support id recommend their stuff
    I was trying to be nice.
    Doug

Post Likes
    I have not liked fi****su since I installed one that out of box the condenser fan motor was bad then had to wait almost 2 weeks for a motor needless to say customer was pissed

Post Likes
    until recently ive had a lot of success with fujitsu and preferred over mitsubishi. Only one nuisance issue after i took classes on their product but all in all the only reliable issue i can say is the mfr. flare nuts ive found to be of lesser quality than i would like. quick fix is just to change them at the time of install i've found. Hope this helps

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    I have not liked fi****su since I installed one that out of box the condenser fan motor was bad then had to wait almost 2 weeks for a motor needless to say customer was pissed

I had to wait 6 weeks for a condenser fan motor last year. There was none in the country.
    Doug

Post Likes
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate your input.
    Once or twice I had to wait for Mitsubishi parts but that was years ago. Overall I think the two brands are pretty close but I have more experience with Mitsubishi and prefer it for that reason.

Has anyone installed the Fujitsu multi-zone for 8 indoor units? Are the additional circuits for the indoor units a drawback?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in