Honeywell Prestige 2.0 IAQ - improvements?

Anybody want to comment on improvements on the Honeywell Prestige 2.0 IAQ? I see it has some new features for delta-t diagnostics and alerts. It also appears to have some new staging control options for elapsed time and temperaure differential (the lack of which seems to be a common complaint on HW stats). Also a new wireless indoor sensor. Is there anything else significant?

You can change the background colors and have either clouds or no clouds and save these settings for different users. Backlight control seems to be a little bit better too.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

For dual-fuel or heat pump, I wonder if they changed the display to show when AUX is on?

Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    For dual-fuel or heat pump, I wonder if they changed the display to show when AUX is on?
    My prestige HD 1.0 shows when auxilary is on for my dual fuel system.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    My prestige HD 1.0 shows when auxilary is on for my dual fuel system.
    Hmmm, that wasn't shown on the manual so I thought it didn't.

Does anyone know how many of the C7189R1004 wireless indoor sensors the Prestige IAQ 2.0 can handle?

Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    Does anyone know how many of the C7189R1004 wireless indoor sensors the Prestige IAQ 2.0 can handle?
    Page says this:

"Selectable Sensors
    When paired with a Wireless Indoor Sensor(s) you have the ability to choose which sensor(s) to use for temperature, humidification and dehumidification. They can be used in combination for temperature averaging—or individually—to condition humidity levels in separate spaces."

Wired max is 2

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

page 24.........

It's official......AcFixr has crowned the Honeywell THX9421 Prestige® IAQ as the KING of all resi and light commercial comfort controls. After examining this product I will now be using this control in all of my high end RNC and Retro jobs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    Page says this:

"Selectable Sensors
    When paired with a Wireless Indoor Sensor(s) you have the ability to choose which sensor(s) to use for temperature, humidification and dehumidification. They can be used in combination for temperature averaging—or individually—to condition humidity levels in separate spaces."

Wired max is 2

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

page 24.........

It's official......AcFixr has crowned the Honeywell THX9421 Prestige® IAQ as the KING of all resi and light commercial comfort controls. After examining this product I will now be using this control in all of my high end RNC and Retro jobs.
    I think between the Prestige IAQ, VisionPro IAQ, and other VisionPro models, you could cover any installation, and cost target. I'm not a pro, but that's the way I see it.

For myself, I chose the VisionPro IAQ. It's simpler, no batteries, no wireless. And my wife understands it!

The 2.0 also now has the option of ground source heat pump under the system selection! We now use this stat on all geo jobs.

acacia 987 and doctorinky, This is the Ask Our Pro's or AOP forum. In order to post responses here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. Please see my signature line for links to register and review the AOP Forum Rules. Thank you. Your post will now be deleted. Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

If you just want to ask a poster a private question, click on their name and you will see how to send them a private message. Otherwise, no questions of posting in the AOP unless you are the Original Poster of that thread.

cl8939, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    "The box, it's rocks."

Yes, it is king. We've been using IAQ's for awhile now.

The ONE bad thing about the IAQ, is it can be "complex" for those "older" people. Some people want efficiency, but they want to turn the dial, and nothing fancy.

So, when honeywell comes out with the "touchscreen dial" in the installer set up (hint hint honeywell, get it done son.) then, it will be unstoppable.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    "The box, it's rocks."

Yes, it is king. We've been using IAQ's for awhile now.

The ONE bad thing about the IAQ, is it can be "complex" for those "older" people. Some people want efficiency, but they want to turn the dial, and nothing fancy.

So, when honeywell comes out with the "touchscreen dial" in the installer set up (hint hint honeywell, get it done son.) then, it will be unstoppable.
    I disagree I sell the prestige to a lot of older customers because we can set it once and forget it. And if they change the settings nothing gets messed up, it goes right back to the schedule.

This 70+ year old couple loves their prestige.
    http://youtu.be/90xwg4N2f_E