Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Currently working on a project where there will be 3 Trane VAV RTU's (27t voyagers). This is a plan and spec job, the spec calls out every option of the voyager to be readily available and functional on the front end. Will I find myself in trouble if I use a Tridium front end? What NV's will not be available that I may find the need to have?
    I have looked at the .lnml files in the lonTrane.jar and see trane specific var's, is there a way to find out what they are and do?

Wink

I can tell you from experience that in some of the Voyagers they have snvts that are present but are not used (snvt_BldgStatPress). I can npt tell you every one of them but you can bring back the specs. Tridium is a great software good luck

That's because the Lon interface board used for the unit is the same whether it's 5 or 50 tons and the Lon interface doesn't know what options the unit shipped with.

The only difference is whether you have a SCC (constant volume) or DAC (VAV) unit.

The Lon interface is also different for the Reliatel unit vs. the older Voyager Micro unit.

Talking

Yes I know the specs on the LCI-I,C,R etc... I am saying that just because an nv is there that does not mean that it works. Codewriter what UNVT do you have questions about? NV-24 has a lot of info in it.

The official word I get on the Trane "numbered" variables is that if it isn't part of the profile, we aren't telling you what it's for. So, you have to figure it out on your own.

I told the person I talked to at Trane thank you for that information because I'll send that back to the specification engineer so they can add a line in the specification that will state all variables must be declared with a description or that a controller with all variables declared will be provided.

NV-24 is one of them. Also things like nvoFiledirectory (NV-39), etc...
    I guess the biggest problem is I do not fully understand all of it yet. For example if I use a Carrier Lon Translator, it comes with a book, and this book tells you exactly how to program the translator for the application. The translator has open nv slots that you can assign what ccn point you want to "bind" to it. Its pretty simple and straight forward. However I have not been able to find documentation like this with the LCI's.

When I use a peice of carrier equipment, I know for fact, from reading the manual, that I need to have CCN software to program the points I want available. But do I need to use software for tranes LCI's? Or will I simply be able to install the LCI and have all of the nv's available?

Last I checked LCI had fixed nvs, meaning you do not need a tool/software to create more or modify any.

There are some internal documents that describe all nvs but only trane's inside guys get that.

Originally posted by amigo
    There are some internal documents that describe all nvs but only trane's inside guys get that.
    Last I checked these were not marked confidential:

ACC-SVN12A-EN - Reliatel DAC
    ACC-SVN19B-EN - Reliatel SCC
    ACC-SVN25A-EN - LCI-C (ch530)
    ACC-SVN32A-EN - CGAF, RTWA, RTAA
    RT-SVP03A-EN - Intellipak, Commercial Self-Contained

Drop me anemail if you need them.

KW - ACC-SVN12A-EN - Reliatel DAC --- This is the one I was told that the Lonmark variables are there and we aren't telling you about the ones that are not. So, Trane makes use of functionality that the rest of us cannot.

If I remember one was nv1408.

Anyway, that's why you let the spec engineer know about it. That way next time their stuff is either declared or ripped out.

Must be something proprietary. I believe I was told they are variables that can only be used by Summit and they don't fit in with the standard profiles.

Cool

Codewriter. There isn't any config software for the LCI's except for the chillers LCI-C you have the option for configuring the LCI-C for an extended Profile (software TechView). I think nv_24 is pretty straight forward snvt_hvac_status=cooling/heating/fan/econmizer output. The only UNVTs that Summit binds with is Tranevar7&9 and I think on a couple of older jobs we used this to monitor the status of some actual outputs but that was on a ZN517 controller. The only good piece of lit is the ACC-????? for the chillers there they do give you some direction on unpacking the famous UNVT.

Codewriter I'm doing a job now were we have 8 jaces 250 fan coils 3 Intelapacks (with heat recovery wheels) and 3 Trane chillers and atleast 10 roof tops and some Honeywell XL 500 ect. Yesterday we had Trane programming guy out to help use intergrate the Intelapacks. No reprogramming (we could program for the heat recovery wheel diffret control Trane supplied using Rover) but I got the LRI-I programming guide. We are using Rover to Commision all fancoils. We used the sadow object in the Trane jar for the roof tops. It is woorking realy well had some problem with jace connected while using Rover but thats it. I'm just a tech learning some thing new and man is it cool.

LCI-C

Guys
    I have two new CGAM chillers that comes with the LCI-C board. I have read the chiller literature and the tracer summit programming guide but I'm still not sure if I have to use rover to configure the board or if I have to use techview. Also after configuring the board, how can I see al variables on tracer summit? Do I need to discover every SNVT from tracer summit or it is just plug and play?
    Any help will be appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast